XV

__________________________________________________________________________________

I stayed silent for a bit. What do I say? What can I say? If I say no, then I'd be the most foolish girl in the world. If I said yes.. Well, if I said yes I'd be a Fiancée I suppose. And he'd be a Fiancé  too.
I think it's pretty obvious what I should say. But the words wouldn't come out.

"Y/N, my love. Will you marry me?'' he repeated, a look of worry plastered across his face this time. 

I started to cry. "Yes! Yes, I will marry you, taehyung!'' He laughed and removed the nervousness from his body. I held my hand out and he slipped the ring upon my finger, it fitting like a glove.

It was beautiful. The most beautiful jewelry I've ever layed my eyes on. Taehyung closed the box and sprung up to kiss me, holding the sides of my face fiercly and leaning into the kiss passionately. 

"mm, let me go and brush my teeth really fast,'' I mumbled. 
"No,'' he told me before he grabbed a mint from the counter behind him, shoving it into my mouth playfully.

We continued to savor this everlasting moment. His lips intertwined with mine over and over again. It wasn't our regular sloppy kiss. It was romantic.

"I wish there were someone to call to share this news with,'' I said. "yeji, or jungkook''

"let's not talk about them right now, okay honey?'' He suggested and i agreed

Talking about them only would ruin the moment.

"Originally, y/n, I bought you a better ring than this shabby one. But I left it in your dorm on accident and now I can't get it back and-''

"Baby, baby'' i said as he continued to doubt himself. I stroked his hair gently to try and give him some reassurance.

"-I could have really gotten you a better ring, a bigger diamond! I'm sorry I had to have you settle with this one, I- ''

"Taehyung, It's beautiful.'' I told him. And i wasn't kidding. That ring was huge and it was truly so. Even from afar, the diamond was blinding to look at.

The knock on the door was the only thing stopping us from continuing what we did last night. Taehyung dropped his head low, and mumbled "now, of all times?"

He pecked my lips and ran to the door. "Who is it?" He asked.
"Your father, open up please, please son." The voice said beyond the door. Hearing how his father begged tae to open the door made me feel unsettling so I jogged to the door, standing beside tae.

"Dad, are you okay?-"

"Open the door, now!"

Taehyung does not disobey his parents whatsoever. So he quickly opened the door and greeted his father. "Father, you're back so soon?"

Right when he was getting ready to close the door behind him, a foot stopped it from closing. Taehyung looked up, and Yeji stood a good 5 foot 7 inches of betrayal in front of us.

She kicked the door further open and walked in as if this were her own house.

"He's wearing a suit, and your hair is all ruffled. What's this about?" She asked like she didn't just barge in.

"Yeji, how did you find this place"

"Your father talks alot," she turned toward his dad, "don't you, Mr. Kim?"

I was ready to charge at her but tae held me back with his arm. "How dare you disrespect him like that! He is older than you and much wiser!"

"I'm not so sure about that, y/n.
All it took was some dead presidents to convince this old geezer to let me in his house"

"Dad, you accepted her money?"
He nodded and tae clenched his fists. Yeji takes advantage of everyone and everything!

"What do you want Yeji?" I asked firmly. If she said the wrong thing I'd be ready to knock her head off.

She smirked.
Then she looked at tae again.

"I have your yoga friends hostage in my basement," she told him. My eyes widened. How could she say something so serious, without a look of concern on her face?

"Prove it, I don't believe you."

Yeji grabbed a rose from my hand and fiddled with the petals. "What's the boy's name? Yoongi? Ah, I forget.
He's so handsome, maybe I'll slit his throat first!"

I picked my phone up and dialled 911, but tae grabbed my phone and shook his head at me.

"That's not a good idea, y/n." He told me. He was probably right. If I call 911, they'll have to investigate, and they'll eventually find out that jungkook was buried by two accomplices. We'd all be doing time.

"Taehyung, ask y/n where my house is off campus. Come there, alone, and you'll save your friend's lives.

All you have to do," she pricked her finger with a thorn, "is trade your life for theirs!"

She laughed maniacally. When did Yeji become such a monster?

-------------------