XVI

_____________________________________________

"Yeh," he chuckled. "no way."

"Taehyung, I'm asking you to leave y/n alone so that your friends can live. Dont you care about your friends?" Yeji manipulatively said.

She pouted when she realized Taehyung would give up anything for me. even if it meant his old friends would die. He'd lost so much already, he's practically numb without me. He would sacrifice anything to be with me, even if that meant abandoning all his old friends.

"When is it" Yeji suddenly broke the silence to ask. I looked at her in confusion.

"When is what?" I asked her.
She pointed to my ring and said "why didn't you tell me about this?"

"You're kidding, right?" Taehyung snapped back at Yeji. "You are a lying criminal who should be locked up for harassment and murder! You must be out your mind if you thought we'd tell you jack-shit!"

Taehyung clenched his fist while Yeji plopped her feet onto the couch. Her shoes were still on, she hadn't even cared.

Taehyung marched up to her and lifted her legs and slammed them to the floor. "Get the fuck out" he said calmly. But I could tell he wasn't calm, as the vein in his neck became prominent again.

She stood up. "Fine, I'll leave. I guess loyalty doesn't matter in taehyung's life, huh?
Wow Y/N, you sure do know how to pick 'em!"

Taehyung grabbed Yeji's arm and said "wait"
She looked at him with a wide grin and Taehyung let go of her wrist to fix his tie. "I'll do it."

I widened my eyes. Does this guy have a death wish or something? Why would he risk his life for those yoga guys when there's a chance I'll lose him for good?

I stared at him in utter shock. "What?" Yeji asked.
She looked almost as shocked as me, except with a sinister look in her eyes.

"I said I'll do it. I'll trade my life for my friends. Just let them go"

Yeji pretended to feel remorse. "Okay. I will, just as soon as you get to where they are, I'll untie them."

Why does she want tae so badly? Why him? If she were the person I thought she had become, wouldn't she have just killed all his friends already and cut to the chase?

"Stop beating around the bush Yeji. What do you want" I demanded. She stepped closer to tae and looked at him while talking to me. Her hands were behind her back

"What I want, is for you to be safe y/n."

I scoffed and she practically dragged Taehyung out the house.

His dad was still inside, nearly shaking in confusion. I hugged him and told him it's going to be okay, and that he'd see his son again.

But I didn't know if those words were true or not.