dio brando x reader

hello and welcome to the first oneshot 🤠 this'll likely not be updated till i get a idea or remember about this book so i apologize in advance 😔 also this was originally gonna be a rohan x reader but then i realized that i can do multiple different rohan x readers within a oneshot book, along with other characters so i instead made this a oneshot book :D also, this oneshot is more of just a friendship?? like barely any romance happens but i might make a like part 2 to this oneshot where there is more romance??? but i feel like dio is over all just too confident to admit to loving anyone and would 100% try to hide it(and fail miserably lmaoo) unless the person he loves confesses first lol but the reader does like him + he shares those feelings(but he's too prideful to admit it lmao)
i'm slowly realizing how annoying it is to not be able to capitalize anything lmao i like to capitalize'JoJo' but i also don't wanna do that bc it would make things weird lol-
also this is legit the longest thing i've written 🥳 so yay??
update: it is no longer the longest thing i've ever written. a oneshot that i should be uploading soon takes that place lmao
warnings;
mentions of alcohol and slight part 1 spoilers

dio's POV
i was never really a kid who had a whole lot. i'd always have to hide the little money i do get, so that my father wouldn't find it and spend it on beer, or other alcoholic beverages. most of the money i made was from either gambling against people, or stealing.(yes i know dio did not canonically steal from anyone, but i feel like that would be something he would do 🗿) my father tried to make me sell my mother's stuff in order to make more money, but i'd just act like i sold them. instead of selling them, i'd hide them in areas he wouldn't bother to check, such as my room, or a random drawer. even though my father was cruel, and a pig of a man, my mother was a amazing and pure soul. i can't understand how someone as amazing as she would end up with a drunken fool, such as my father. there was only one girl i had met that had come close to being as pure as my mother, but i quickly realized that i was a fool to believe anyone could be as good as my mother. but, as i got older, i realized i didn't want to live my life with a disgusting man such as my father, i wanted some form of freedom, and maybe even happiness, although my happiness had gone with my mother. that's why i decided to poison the old man, it's not like he had much life left to live anyway.

"so, what's a young man such as yourself doin' here, kid?" a man asked me, as i glared at him.

"do you happen to know where a shop that sells poison is?" i question, as the man smirks.

"ah, my shop happens to sell it. why, are you interested in buying some?" he responds, as a small smirk stretched across my face.

"for how much?"

"it's expensive, boy, but i'll give you a discount." the man showed me a strangely shaped piece of seemingly paper.

i looked at it, seeing a small price.

"and, how much is this discount?"

"i'll make it free, boy, but only since this is your first time, and hopefully not your last." the man winked at him, setting the strangely shaped poison into his hand.

"alright, but can it dissolve into liquids? such as maybe, beer? or, other alcoholic drinks?" i question, as the man lets out a hearty laugh.

"boy, of course it can. be sure not to tell anyone, unless we can fully trust them, alright?" the man smiles, as i nod my head at him.

"sure, i'll be sure not to tell anyone. you can't trust anyone these days." i state blankly, turning away from him and setting back towards my small home on the other side of town.

after getting home, i slipped the poison into a beer, and waited.

"dio, is that you boy?! fetch me a beer, will you!" i heard dario shout, and i turned to the beer i put the poison into, grabbing it of the counter with a glare on my face.