[Chapter 16]

Pain, all I can feel now was pain, I opened my eyes slowly, I was in an unfamiliar room and met by someone sitting beside me with their head down and holding onto my hands

Pain, all I can feel now was pain, I opened my eyes slowly, I was in an unfamiliar room and met by someone sitting beside me with their head down and holding onto my hands. I gently moved my hand away from their grasp, trying not to wake them up. But as I moved it, the person immediately looked up at me. It was Jenna, oh my god, she looks like she just went into the sewer and got back out. 

"Josh! You're finally awake," she said while her eyes start to water a little,

"Yeah, yeah, I'm alive, no need to cry for me, I know I have that effect on people," I said with a smirk,

"Shut up, I'm gonna go get the doctor for you, alright?" I nodded and she went out of the room. A few minutes later, she came in with another person beside her. Assuming that that is the doctor, 

"Hello there Josh, I'm Dr. Brown, how are you feeling?"

"Pain,"

"I'm not surprised, you suffered from broken ribs and a mild concussion in your head. You're going to have to stay in the hospital for one more night and you're free to go. But you're not advised to do any physical activities and it's better to stay in bed for a week before you go back to school."

"Alright, wait- how long was I out for?"

"3 days,"

"3 days..." oh my god, I can feel the pile of homework waiting for me once I get out of here, 

"Yeah, now if everything is good, I will leave you two here now,"

"Thanks, Dr. Brown," Jenna said,

"Goodbye," then Dr. Brown left the room, leaving me and Jenna in the room.

"You have no idea how worried I was for the last 3 days,"

"What happened?"

"Well, I got a call from the hospital saying that you're admitted to the ER, and I immediately called a cab and rushed here, since you took my car,"

"I remembered Stefani and some of the jocks were punching me in the gas station before I passed out,"

"I know, the person that sent you to the hospital told me that you were jumped at the gas station and thankfully, there was a surveillance camera nearby and I saw who it was. I immediately went to the principal's office today and told him about it. They found out who it was and were suspended for 2 weeks,"

"2 weeks only? Just that?" 

"I mean..."

"Jenna... what did you do when I was passed out?"

"N-nothing, I think I have to go now, I will give you some time to rest, b-"

"Jenna!" I yelled at her, I never yell at her and if I yell at her, it means serious shit has gone down, she sat back down on the seat where she was sitting just now.