¹²flobberworms

Ayla rushed through the hallways, having overslept for the fifth time in a week, rummaging through her bag that was dangling from her shoulder. Her hair was messily pulled into a high ponytail with a vibrantly colored ribbon-headband, many strands of her locks loosely hanging out; her socks were lopsided, along with her uniforms shirt being untucked. I really need to get a better sleep schedule, the blonde thought to herself, beginning to panic a bit more than before seeing that she couldn't find her Transfiguration's homework. Ayla really didn't want to face the wrath of Professor McGonagall.

"Where in the bloody-" Ayla frantically whispered to herself, stopping before she could curse. She dropped her bag onto the floor, kneeling down in front of it, pushing unused parchment papers and old quills around, praying to see the sole thing she needed. "I swore I-"

"Oi, Quill, might want to hurry! Class is about to start!" Sirius barked, Remus, James, and Peter all walking beside him to Transfiguration's.

"Yeah, McGonagall's head might just pop off if another student is late. I hear she hasn't had a single class that has had everyone walk in on time," James explained, slyly grinning, knowing that he, in fact, has been one of those students that had waltzed in half an hour into the lesson.

"Hurry, we're going to be late," Peter squeaked, anxiously looking at his friends, "I don't fancy having another detention with McGonagall! Last time she made us clean up all those bogey's Snivellius had snorted out!"

Remus glanced over to Peter, a single brow furrowed, "She made us clean that up because Sirius had used that Bat Bogey Hex on him. I'm surprised we hadn't got a two weeks deten- oh, Ayla, your bag has a rip in it," the boy stated, pitiably. Remus walked over to her, kneeling to her right, snatching supplies that was tumbling out of her carrier. "You lot go on to class. McGonagall might be more lenient if its just Ayla and I showing up late."

The other boys had rushed off, leaving Ayla and Remus alone in the empty hallway.

"I didn't even notice my bag had a rip," Ayla murmured. "I'm really sorry that I'm making you late, you can go on if you like."

"No, it's fine, don't apologize," Remus replied back, shaking his head lightly. "Er, here," he was holding a tampon, trying to hand it to her as he proceeded to pick up an ink pot from the floor.

Ayla felt her face grow hot, "Thanks," snatching the tampon from his hand. She really loved embarrassing herself, didn't she.

The duo had finally successfully picked up the contents of Ayla's bag and stuffed it back inside of it, pondering how they would keep everything from spilling out again.

A spell popped into Ayla's head, "Reparo," she mused, quickly pulling the bag from the floor and hanging it on her shoulder, then straightening out her skirt.

"Got everything?"

"Yeah. We should hurry. If we're any later, McGonagall might turn into a cat because she's so livid," Ayla chuckled, readjusting the strap on her shoulder.

The two students rushed to the classroom, praying that somehow Professor McGonagall didn't notice their late appearance.

Remus slowly pushed the door open while biting his lip and squeezing his eyes shut. The door gave a loud "squuueeeeeaaak" and the pair was standing face to face with their teacher, the older woman's lips pursed tightly.

"I'm sorry that we're late, Professor. You see what happened was-" Remus began, looking the woman in the eye, almost unfazed by McGonagall's stare, the only thing giving away his nerves was his hand that was picking at his scars on his neck.