²²not the party type

Grace regretted going to the party.

Dancing wasn't her thing. People weren't her thing. Nothing involved with parties was Grace's thing. Except maybe the drinking.

She felt stupid standing against the wall, all alone. She felt even more stupid standing against the wall, all alone, watching Sirius Black with an embarrassing amount of intrigue. It was all so stupid. She really wished Ayla hadn't left her to go get punch.

Feeling as though she wanted to merely disappear, Grace looked down at her Nike flats and counted how many scuffs were on them. It only took ten seconds to do that.

Then Grace felt a presence next to her and she saw a pair of manky black converse beside her own shoes.

"Hey, Vale."

Grace looked up to see Sirius Black standing next to her, holding two bottles of Firewhiskey. She studied his chiseled face to see what he was up to. He had intense but soft eyes. It was probably because of the whiskey.

"Aren't you going to say hi back?" A red faced Sirius barked out a laugh, obviously drunk.

"Hi."

He laughed again, biting his lip to hold back a smile. He looked over to all his friends, not paying him any attention, wrapped in their own activities. "Hi."

They sat there in silence, Sirius' hazy eyes scanning Grace's face in a fascinated sort of way while Grace stiffened because oh, he has to be up to something.

"Did you have a reason to talk to me or are you just in the mood to embarrass yourself?" stated Grace.

"Right!" Sirius exclaimed a bit over excited. He held out one of the unopened bottles of Firewhiskey to Grace. "Here."

Grace looked at the bottle then back at Sirius' face. "I'm not taking that. You've probably poisoned it."

"I didn't, I swear! Look!" and he popped off the cap and took a long gulp of the fiery drink. He showed no signs of the liquid burning his throat. He must drink Firewhiskey quite often.

"Still. I'm fine. I'm planning on leaving soon anyway," Grace replied.

Sirius furrowed his dark brows and gave a small pout, "What? Why? I want you to stay."

Grace's stomach did a somersault and her mouth opened slightly. He wanted Grace to stay?

Grace shook her head to bring herself back to reasonable thoughts. Sirius was just saying that. He had a reputation for good parties and if Grace were to leave early, that would ruin it.

She shrugged and answered, "Not a party person."

"Oh..." Sirius murmured while he looked down at his drink. He snapped his head back up and said, "How's your day?"

Grace raised a brow. "Fine."

"Nice..." He answered, looking back down at his drink again. He snapped his head back up and said, "How's classes?"

"Good."

"Groovy..." replied Sirius. He looked at his drink. He snapped his head back up. "Quidditch?"

"Stupid captain."

"Exciting..." Drink. Snap. "Who's Slytherin's new seeker?"

"Regulus Black."

Sirius didn't look back at his drink this time. His mouth was slightly agape, his plump lips separated and his eyes wide. "Reg?"

Grace nodded. "Speedy bloke, he is. Knows what he's doing."