Moonton's Gift (Granger X Cat Ruby)

Part One

Granger came home to his apartment late at night, exhausted and drained to the core after a long day of intense battles allied with foolish noobs and newbies therefore it was up to him to carry the whole team. Thankful he was allied with Silvana, Harith, Estes and Tigreal during the later matches allowing him to have good fights and fulfilling victories before the tournaments for today end.

He removed his coat and placed down his gun and violin on the table. He threw his coat over a random chair before removing his shoes and collapsing on the sofa. He sighed in exhaustion. Luckily, Silvana treated everyone into a nice dinner so he doesn't have to worry about ordering pizza that takes too long to arrive. He massaged his temples and looked over at the wall opposite of him. He noticed something that wasn't there before.

Granger stood up intrigued of the large box sitting in front of the TV. The box was wrapped in a black gift wrapper with cute cat icons and binding around it is a brightly pink ribbon. He saw a card tucked under the ribbon and took it. It had the Moonton logo as its seal and he flipped it open to reveal the mystery surrounding the box that has come into his possession.

Dear Hero Granger,

We have assessed your performance in the last MLBB tournament as well as the MCL contests you've participated. We have determined that your performance is excellent and exceptional, allowing you to rank high among the meta heroes of this and the previous season and as a tribute to your prowess we decided to send you a fitting reward.

We've already transfered an amount of 9,500 diamonds into your account and sent to your house a special surprise to brighten your everyday life.

We hope that you enjoy our present and use it to your hearts content.

Sincerely,

Moonton

Granger was delighted by the amount of diamonds sent to his account and quickly took out his phone to check his bank account. True to the cards words an additional amount of 9,500 diamonds have been added to his previously 527 diamonds making him smirk in triumph. He put his phone away and looked back down at the box.

It looks too tedious to open and he wants to take his rest already. He will have to deal with it in the morning and see what special gift Moonton sent for being a meta hero. He hope that it's a weapon or something that he can infuse with his bullets or gun to make more damage. It could also be a ton of emblems and magic dust which is not bad but quite disappointing. A new skin can also be assumed since it's big enough to accommodate an outfit without the usually mannequin. He also heard about the new found element they called Dust that you can infuse with your clothes or weapon to galvanize them and add the power of certain elements like fire, ice, wind, electricity, and gravity to make your attacks stronger and more effective to your purpose. He hoped that it can be that since it was difficult to find the said material.

Tiredness got the best of his curiosity so he left the mystery for his tomorrow self to deal with and take a shower before going to bed.

Granger's dreams are often bland and normal. He doesn't dream about great adventures or soaring to the sky like most people do. His companions sometimes appear in his slumber visions but those too are bland and very life like. No unknown lovers visit his dreams or any sensual activities are fabricated in his unconscious mind making his dreams completely monotonous. He sometimes dream about his painful past and those were the only things worth mentioning since no other great or terrible experiences come to him from the realm of dreams. But this time however is very unique.

He dreamed about a small black cat with alluring golden eyes. The creature is very little, naive, and innocent, easy to be preyed upon by the big cruel world so he picked it up and nestled it in his arms to protect it. He caressed the creature's head making it soften up to him instantly. The kitten licked his fingers in affection and then pawed at his chest as if asking him to put it down for a while.