10 Most Insane Serial Killers:

1. Ted Bundy - Bundy is easily one of the most insane serial killers of all time. His sick modus operandi included kidnapping his female victims, r*ping them, and dismembering them. He often kept their heads as souvenirs.

2. Jack The Ripper - no one can be certain of his true identity. Whoever he (or she) really was, Jack the Ripper was definitely deranged. In 1888, Jack terrorized the Whitechapel neighborhood of London by slitting the throats and abdomens of at least five prostitutes and leaving them for dead.

3. Jeffrey Dahmer - known as the Milwaukee Cannibal, was ultimately convicted of m*rdering 17 young men over a 14 year period. But Dahmer didn't just m*rder them. He also r*ped, dismembered, and sometimes even ate his victims. He was beaten to death in prison in 1994.

4. Albert Fish - Fish was tried and found guilty of r*ping, k*lling, and c*nnib*lizing three children in the early 1900s. However, he claimed that he had m*rdered more like 100 children, and even boasted that he "had children in every state."

5. John Wayne Gacy - he was nicknamed "Killer Clown" because of his job attending children's birthday parties and charitable events as "Pogo the Clown." Gacy was convicted of r*ping, t*rturing, and m*rdering 33 teenage boys over a six-year period. Gacy was executed in May 1994.

6. Andrei Chikatilo - between 1978 and 1990, the Russian serial killer s*xually assaulted, murd*red, and mut*lated more than 50 young women and children. One of the youngest was nine years old. The deranged Chikatilo killed his victims by st*bbing and sl*shing them with a knife.

7. Joachim Kroll - a German serial killer who m*rdered at least 14 people, including young children, between 1955 and 1976. After strangling his victims with his bare hands, Kroll would have s*x with their corpses, then cut them up in pieces to eat.

8. Pedro López - the Colombian claims to have r*ped and k*lled more than 300 women across Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru. At least 100 of these were tribal women. In 1980, the "Monster of the Andes" was arrested, and led police to the graves of 53 victims between the ages of nine and twelve.

9. Gilles de Rais - was a wealthy knight and lord, a leader in the French army, and a companion-in-arms to Joan of Arc. Between 1432 and 1433, Gilles reportedly s*domized and then m*rdered (or ordered the m*rder) of at least 40 children. Many naked bodies of young boys were found at his estate in 1437.

10. Richard Ramirez - terr*rized neighborhoods throughout Los Angeles. Nicknamed "Night Stalker," Ramirez would break into homes and brutally murder his victims, sometimes r*ping them first. His victims ranged from early 20s to a 79-year old woman. His weapons of choice included handguns, knives, a tire iron, a machete, and even a hammer.