Chapter 3: A Man's Doubts

Kiku suddenly grabbed Maria's arms tightly, trying to fight against it.

He was losing his sanity, slower than last time. He looked at the ground and tears still flowing down.

Maria calmly looked at him. No matter what he would do to her, she will forgive him, move on and don't hold any grudges.

That was something Antonio taught her. She was glad he did.

Kiku then finally lost control of himself.

Maria sighed, bracing herself for anything that will come.

He suddenly pinned her body to the door and went ahead to do a terrible thing to her.

Maria remained motionless and calm, she knew she can't do anything. She saw the same with Antonio.

They became the exact opposites of themselves and no one can do anything about it.

She remembered while Kiku was feasting on her with evil intent, that when Antonio became different, luckily she was with Lovino Vargas, the personification of South Italy.

And José, the personification of Mexico, came halfway because he was looking for Antonio to tell him that something was going on in his country.

Maria tried to push Kiku away from her but he forced himself to stay with her. She sighed and let go.

Some things happened afterwards.

An hour passed, and Kiku was panting right before he's about to take Maria's dress off.

She closed her eyes and a few tears escaped her eyes.

She was holding it in. She refused to look at him until he's back to himself.

"M-Maria-chan..?"

Kiku asked while trembling.

What has he done?

"Kuya..you're back."

Maria replied. Her eyes were a little red from all her crying, sweat dripping down her face.

"What did I.."

She sighed. She felt so relieved, she doesn't want to go through any more.

"That was very close."

She reminded him. Kiku looked at her and himself. He was shirtless. And his hands grabbing her dress.

He was on top of her while sweating and she looked like she was crying.

"Did you just endure it all?"

"Yeah."

Maria replied blankly.

"I-I'm gonna get off you now.."

Kiku said awkwardly. He was shocked that he almost did it with Maria. And she just went through all of that.

"Thank you."

Maria thanked Kiku. She really meant it.

She looked away from Kiku so he'll do his thing which is looking for his clothes.

Kiku looked around for his clothes too and will look away from Maria.

Due to being ashamed of himself for almost forcibly doing it and just for respect.

Maria arranged her dress and Kiku was wearing his black naval uniform again. He left the room without a word while carrying his purple cape.

Both of them knew instantly, that it was painfully awkward when Kiku was back to normal.