Max Montgomery's Murder

AUTHORS NOTE: Warning! Contains scenes of rape and death.

     Every time something good happens, the bad has      
                                to follow.

     Well, I'm being selfish.

I do not have to grieve Max Montgomery's death all over again. I'm glad to say I haven't completely forgotten the guy I was formerly associated to.
I have had brief flashbacks, envisioning a muscular guy, with a bright smile.

So why am I talking about my former boyfriend again?

Well, I woke up. To a call. Picking it up, a sobbing woman was at the end.

"It's not nice to phone in these circumstances Ellie," she sniffed, "but I was just to see how you were doing. As today's the anniversary."

It felt horrible doing this, but I had to ask.
"I'm sorry to ask this, but what is the anniversary?"

Of course the answer wasn't going to be pretty.

"It's been ten years since my son Max was murdered."

                        Oh shit

The woman told me she had to go, the line going dead.

I looked up to the calendar. 17th July 2021.

A decade since a guy I had fallen in love with was brutally taken from this world.

Well, I don't know that. I don't know much about Max to be honest. I haven't wanted to know anything.

Dr.Gedler was focused on me remembering the good memories. Not traumatic flashbacks.

Although my memory's been improving, thankfully.
In fact, I can remember Max's death occurring the day of the 2011 World Cup final.

I could just find out more about him from the internet and I find myself typing the letters of his name but at the last minute, I hit the delete key erasing the letters.

Was it better to find out another way?

Who knew about me? From childhood?
I could ask Tyler but how much would he know about the guy who used to date this sister?
No, I need someone closer. Someone my age, who went to my school, who I was friends with...

Alex.Alex Morgan.

I've known her my whole life no? There surely isn't anyone better I can find out from is there?

Now I'm getting out my phone, fingers quickly forming a text.

Hey Alex!
Don't mean to bother you. This may be a bit sensitive but today is the ten year anniversary of Max Montgomery's death.
I know I could go on the internet, but is there much you know about him? Just to help me remember?
If not, it's fine.

I'm sure it's not even two minutes when my phone vibrates.

Hey Els!
I was just going to check on you. No there's not a problem. I could come over and tell you a bit about Max. The internet can tell you about his background and death but not him as a person, which I hope can help you.
I'm five minutes away so please let me know if you want me to visit.

Well...that helps things a lot doesn't it?

Thank you so much Alex. I would love it if you could come over as long as that's ok with you.

Another quick reply.
It is. See you soon!

Before I know it, the familiar sound of the doorbell strikes again and I'm letting in Alex.