three

after a long and tiring day sunwoo just wants to lay on his bed and sleep for hours, he's full on worn out and the sleep deprivation is quickly starting to take a toll on him.

he pushes open his dorm door to be instantly met with loud screaming and laughing. with an alert mind he takes a few quiet steps into the living room, there sat two boys enthusiastically playing a video game, they're screaming at each other but always end up laughing at something sunwoo doesn't seem to care about.

he rolls his eyes at the sight of the pink haired male, he seems to do that a lot recently, he chooses to brush it off and try not to let it bother him, it doesn't really work though.

he doesn't bother greeting the older boys, as they seem too engrossed on the game and each other's company, he quietly sighs and passes through them making his way to his room, wanting to just snuggle into his blankets at once.

of course he would be over, guess he could forget about trying to hang out with the dimpled boy. annoyance washes over him, completely forgetting about his bed and how sleepy he was just a few moments ago, he could still hear the boys' loud voices and can't help let a groan escape from his throat, already knowing he won't be getting any rest soon.

the red haired ponders going out to catch some air or do anything else really, something that would keep his mind distracted from thinking about the eldest males cozily laughing together on his living room, but decides against it after not being able to hold in a yawn, thinking he'll eventually grow so tired he'll end up falling asleep despite the noise echoing through the whole dorm.

sunwoo groans once again, rolling over on his bed but it comes out muffled due to having his face pressed against the pillows. he can't shake off the annoyance clouding his head for the life of him, he hates how this affects him and the fact that he craves the raven haired's attention so much, but of course the latter seemed to only pay attention to his pink haired friend.

as much as it angered sunwoo it also made him sad, was he not as nice or as interesting as the oldest boy of the three? did changmin find him annoying or boring? that being the reason why he wouldn't spare him as much attention as well? sunwoo was probably overthinking it but he couldn't help self doubting himself and feel like he wasn't worthy of the boy's time.

he listened as the dorm suddenly went quiet, it intrigued him but being too lazy and immersed in his own wallowing he stayed put and waited too see if anything happened.

and surely a little after, a soft knock on his door echoed through his room. he clearly wasn't in the mood, or awake enough, to deal with the most recent reason for his lack of sleep, he quickly got over it though as he heard changmin softly calling out for him.

sunwoo felt himself melt at the older's soft and soothing voice calling his name so casually, it rolled off of changmin's mouth so smoothly. it sounded so fitting, so right for the older to say his name, sunwoo wanted to hear it over and over again.

the younger boy cave in as usual and eventually let out a small hum, signaling the other to come in. the latter did just that and very carefully stepped further into the room slowly.

the younger boy sighed mentally multiple times before poking his head from under the covers just enough to be able to look at his crush, they locked eyes as soon as he did. the sleepiness taking over sunwoo made him relax and actually hold eye contact without looking away for being embarrassed or self conscious under the older's gaze.

changmin came closer to the sleepy boy, stoping almost too close and crouched down next to him, analyzing over the younger's features he smiled softly.

sunwoo thanked god and every other foreign force out there and even eric, for some reason, for remaining so calm and not freak out at the sudden closeness. he waited for the older to speak or do something, if it was up to him he would just keep staring and admiring the boy.

"i didn't hear you coming back, are you alright? did something happen?" changmin spoke softly and carefully, he didn't seem to be bothered by the previous night's events, he seemed genuinely worried for the boy in front of him. sunwoo used every fiber in his body not to squeal and gush over his roommate's actions and how seemingly concerned he was for him.
it made him warm inside and slowly fall deeper for the older.

"mhm am just tired, and besides, you seemed pretty busy, i didn't wanna disturb you" the younger didn't think before he spoke, almost in a hush despite them being alone in the room, he slightly frowned remembering how close and intimate the best friends seemed and how it ticked him off.

changmin wasn't expecting that answer, he chuckled softly, "you wouldn't disturb, sun, i was actually getting worried since it was getting pretty late" the raven haired resisted the urge to run his hands through the messy strings of red hair belonging to the sleepy boy in front of him and furrowed his eyebrows too, he didn't ever want the younger to feel like a bother in his own home.

the nickname coming from changmin so naturally and his concern towards sunwoo threw him off, he had to restrain himself from asking the older to repeat it.

"you don't have to worry about me, changmin, you should get back to chanhee anyway, he's probably waiting for you" the red haired spoke a little too bitterly than he had intended.

the boy crouched down in front of him only frowned more "chanhee left a while ago, i sent him home. i wanted to see how you were doing, hopefully we could have dinner and hang out?" the boy said honestly, he didn't mean for the last part to came out more as a question, he wasn't so sure after the younger's words and how he had turned the same offer down the other night.

sunwoo swears he felt his brain going haywire and the sleepiness fading away immediately, he smiled fondly at his roomate and his heart couldn't help but to beat faster as he felt happy that the older wanted to hang out with him and know how he was doing, he felt giddy and overjoyed.

realizing the older was still waiting for an answer, sunwoo mentally scolded himself for just staying quiet while staring at the beautiful boy, he pulls himself together like nothing happened, hoping the other didn't notice the true feelings behind his lovestruck gaze.

"that sounds good, i'm actually starving" sunwoo slowly nods with a sheepish smile, watching the older's expressions change into a bright grin at his words, said boy finally stood up, he felt relieved the younger was okay and agreed to hang out with him, he extended his hand towards him, hoping to help him get up.

sunwoo briefly stared at the hand offered to him and smiled softly with a bright pink tint on his cheeks, he holds the other's hand and it's like his whole body is on fire, the touch making his skin feel like it was ablaze.

he bites his lower lip to suppress a smile or any squeals he's afraid will come out if he opens his mouth, changmin is smiling brightly as he drags them both to the living room to decide on what they'll be having for dinner, still holding his hand.

sunwoo knows it doesn't mean anything and tries to ignore it, but can't stop the warm feeling on his chest and the pure happiness of having the elder so close and laying all his focus on him.

sunwoo knows not to imagine things or get his hopes up, but the way the other seemed to be pleased to be able to spend time with him makes his heart feel fuzzy.

he tries to push the thoughts aside for now and simply enjoy the presence of the cute dimpled boy next to him, he realizes he's not getting much sleep again but doesn't care at the moment.

~~~

i just think that pink hair chanhee world domination. also,
CAN WE TALK ABOUT ROAD TO KINGDOM, THEY DID  T H A T