seven

it's safe to say today was just not sunwoo's day. why, you might wonder? well, as if sleeping in when he had an early class wasn't enough, he ran out of the juice he took every single morning, frustrated and half awake, the rushing boy managed to trip on purely thin air about a hundred times and only when he was near the music major's building, had he noticed he forgot a stupid ass book which he couldn't care to remember the name of for the class that was supposed to start very soon.
the student had no choice but to break out into a terribly long sprint back to his dorm, he cursed every living thing that crossed his path ,and again, for some reason, eric's mere existence, everytime he felt his legs caving in, he wanted nothing more than to just give up, crawl to his bed and call it a day before it had even properly began.

it was like a mirage when the out of breath disheveled boy, with messy strands of red hair sticking to his forehead, layed his eyes on the dark brown wooden door that would lead inside his beloved dorm. feeling exhausted he rested his forehead against the cold material whilst he tried to regulate his breathing.

once inside the welcoming space he made his way straight to his room to retrieve the book he left behind, his roommate also had a class soon so he didn't bother worrying about the older since he was probably already gone.

sunwoo could almost roll over and do a backflip out of happiness when he finally found the book that caused him so much trouble on an already hectic morning, with it securely inside of his backpack, the young boy mentally prepared himself for another horrifying run if he wanted to make it in time for class.
he hastily walked out of his room and past the living room, he would've successfully made it out completely fine and not half an hour late if it wasn't for the soft voice that called out his name from behind him.

"sunwoo? aren't you supposed to be in class already?" he heard the raven haired curiously ask him, sunwoo still with his back facing the boy. and how he wishes he hadn't turned around, how he wishes at the moment he could scream his lungs out and bang his head against the closest wall.
in front of him was a fresh out of the shower changmin, wet hair sticking to his face, little droplets still visible on his uncovered skin and occasionally falling on his bare chest as the dancer only had his jeans on and a towel on one of his hands, this has to be a joke, how cliché, sunwoo thought, blushing madly and trying to avoid looking at the older's toned torso nonetheless.

the dancer stayed still looking at the younger waiting for an answer, he began growing preoccupied as the boy just stood there frozen.

"sun?" he started walking towards the young student wanting to check if he was feeling alright, he watched him carefully as he waited for any sort of reaction from his younger roommate.
he ran a hand through his hair, removing the bangs gluing to his forehead so he could properly look at the boy in front of him, still frozen in place with wide eyes and mouth slightly hanging open.

the gesture, the nickname and the whole situation itself, made sunwoo break down to a cold sweat and internally panic even more, if that was possible, this is great, fucking great if you ask me, for fuck's sake do something you panini head, was what went through his head. as the older stepped closer towards him, the flustered boy unconsciously stepped back, he wanted to slap himself so hard, he was making a complete idiot out of himself, he knows he is, but can you blame him? a whole shirtless ji changmin is looking that effortlessly hot right in front of him and making him feel things and think way too much about how it would be to run his hands along the older's silky looking skin- oh my god what the hell is wrong with you sunwoo.

"sorry, huh, you just startled me that's all, i thought you were out already too ahah, i forgot my book so, yeah, i had to come get it, huh, i was actually just leaving you know, don't wanna be late so, see you later chang!" sunwoo doesn't notice the nickname slip out as he tried to quickly recollect himself and actually look away from the heavenly sight only a few steps away from him.

he hurriedly made his way out the dorm and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in. what on earth just happened? he couldn't believe he just saw his crush shirtless, and so close, he had to fight everything within himself not to get carried away again remembering about it. he didn't spare another glance at the dancer, he was already late and he was afraid if he was near him one more second he would combust and turn to literal mush on the spot. he walked as fast as he could back to where he should've been this whole time to begin with, he doesn't even notice a shorter boy look at him funny as he walks past him going the opposite direction.

changmin was staring at the door dumbfounded at what had happened, what exactly had happened? he was confused as to why sunwoo looked so out of it and left in a rush, he felt concerned for his younger friend.
brushing his hair with his free hand again, he finally leaves the spot he was still standing in and walks into his room to finish getting ready. chanhee was supposed to be coming by so they could walk to class together, like they did everyday, even if their buildings were far from each other.

soon a knock on the door was heard, it was more to let the raven haired know his best friend was there as the said boy just let himself in, used to the routine and being way to comfortable in the dorm that wasn't his.

"good morning to you too chanhee" the younger of the two laughed as he mockingly greeted his friend already helping himself with coffee made early by the dancer.

"i don't think it is, no, changmin" chanhee retorted back clicking his tongue as his lips finally made contact with the warm liquid.

this was normal procedure for the duo. see, chanhee wasn't really a morning person to be honest, or a day person at all, he felt it was so unnecessary to deal with loud out of control young adults, or an excuse of such, why would he gracefully greet another beginning of an annoying day.

"i saw sunwoo basically usain bolting through the hall earlier" the pink haired blurted out as he remembered seeing the young boy just before making it to his best friend's place, he even tried to greet him but as soon as the red haired had walked past him he was already gone.

"oh, yeah" changmin who was scrolling through his social media waiting for his friend to be done with the drink briefly looks up from the screen and is quiet for awhile before returning his attention to the device on his hands.
"he was supposed to be in class right, but i heard some noise in the living room when i was getting ready and he was there but like, all fidgety and i guess he avoided me? i don't know really" changmin seems to really think over the words coming out of his mouth and can't help frowning at the thought, was sunwoo avoiding him? did he do something? he- wait, was he uncomfortable from changmin being shirtless? shit, he didn't have time to think it through or grab a shirt when he heard noise from another room of the supposed empty dorm.

"mother of god, did i make him uncomfortable? i didn't have time to put on a shirt when i came to check on the noise" the dancer looks up from his phone again and looks at his best friend with wide eyes and a slight pout taking over his lips.
chanhee wides his eyes also and almost chokes on the coffee, he wants to laugh so bad at his clueless innocent excuse of a best friend.

"you did?" he can't help but to snort at the raven haired's antics and his now nervous expression, he has to force himself not to call out the younger for being so dumb and totally misinterpreting the situation. he remembers sunwoo scurrying past him with wide eyes and flaming red cheeks and he finally gets it, he really has to laugh at the two younger boys.

the whole walk to their classes was based on changmin whining and worriedly questioning his best friend what he thinks and what he should do, he didn't mean to make the younger uncomfortable, if he did that is, he can't be sure of what happened but as soon as this thought crossed his mind he can't shake it off and is convinced that's why his roommate acted the way he did.
chanhee has completely forgotten his hatred towards mornings as he silently laughs to himself over the other's dilemma, he wonders how the boy can be so oblivious to what really happened to sunwoo, but he won't meddle, it's too much fun watching the two silly boys figure it out on their own.