five

not knowing if his roommate was still sleeping, sunwoo walked through the front door carefully, trying not to make any noise, he walked slowly through the hall until he reached the living room, he noticed the tv was on, some cartoon was playing with the volume low, but no sight of the elder.

he walked into the kitchen hoping to find him there, and surely a small puff of pink hair stood there with his back turned to him.
wait, pink?

oh. the young boy froze in his place, bag still in hand, his breath hitched as he just stood there staring at the back of the slightly slender male.

chanhee was over. of course he was.
sunwoo awkwardly shifted his body, fixing his posture, he wasn't just going to stand there. so he stepped into the kitchen and put the bag with food down on the small table, making the older jump a little taken aback by the sound and smiled when he saw the red haired.

"oh hi sunwoo, good morning!" the eldest boy greeted him with a cheerful smile. sunwoo didn't have anything against him or disliked him per se, he never really talked to him properly actually, he just really didn't like it when he was over, he tried to push that aside and not let how he truly felt about the boy's presence show.

"huh, hi" was the only thing he could say, he was trying his best to be nice and not say something that might give him away.

chanhee chuckled softly and faced the younger boy again.
"i wouldn't take you as an early bird, changmin was quite surprised too" the older tried to start up a conversation, he would always catch glimpses of the boy but never actually got to know him, from what his best friend had told him he wanted to change that, and also become friends with the younger boy sharing a dorm with the dorky dimpled boy he called his best friend.

"oh i'm not, my friends basically dragged me out, i would much rather have slept for the whole day" sunwoo admits as the watches the other drink from a mug, it's awkward for him, he just wants to run back to his bed. instead he remains leaned against the counter behind him, arms crossed loosely over his chest, a growing feeling of anticipation to get to his room.

"they sound like good friends, you shouldn't stay inside all day. don't be like changmin" chanhee's smile never falters and he even snorts from what he said about the missing raven haired.

the words linger on sunwoo's mind as it somewhat confuses him, changmin wasn't around the dorm that much, he was sure of that, the dancer was very outgoing and always had something going on, another reason for sunwoo's constant craving for the older's presence.
but not recently, he has been around more and sunwoo hadn't noticed it until now, not thinking much of it and kind of glad he got to be around changmin more often he let it go.

"huh, yeah, i guess" sunwoo had stiffened at the mention of changmin, he still hasn't seen him and he remembers the bag he was holding previously.

"oh yeah, i got this from the place we went, huh, i thought changmin wouldn't have had breakfast and i didn't know you were gonna be here but, yeah" the young boy rambles briefly scratching the back of his neck, he really just wants to sleep and ignore the situation he's in. he pointed at the bag to let the pink haired know what he was talking about and forces himself to smile, even if it comes out as awkward as it gets.

"oh" the older shortly eyes the bag, before looking back at sunwoo and smiling,
"that's really sweet of you, i'm just here for the coffe really, don't worry" chanhee confesses giggling, bringing a finger up to his lips, making a hush sound. of course he was here for his best friend too but he just liked teasing the said boy.

"i'm sure he'll be really happy though" he finished with a soft smile, sunwoo smiles genuinely at that, he hopes the older is in fact happy.

almost as if on cue, changmin walks in the small kitchen, hair still wet and a towel around his neck, he immediately smiles at the sight of his two friends apparently getting along.

"hi, sun, good morning!" he happily greets the younger boy he hadn't seen when he went to check his room, he was a little worried when he woke up to an empty dorm, especially knowing his roommate always slept in on the weekends.

"good morning hyung, huh i was just telling chanhee i got you breakfast when i went out with my friends" sunwoo was holding the paper bag again from when he was previously showing it to the older boy out of the three.

"oh, that's for me?" changmin smiled brightly and it made sunwoo's heart clench and do flips, he internally cooed at the older's shiny eyes and grabby hands at the bag.

the red haired boy smiled sheepishly and nodded, letting the older have the bag, resisting the foolish smile making his way to his face and the blush threatening to burn his cheeks. he desperately wanted to slap himself across the face with a burrito and get himself together.

sunwoo felt chanhee's eyes on him, briefly looking away from the cute boy in front of him, he looked at the pink haired to see him smiling mischievously at him, it confused sunwoo but he shrugged it off as he was more eager, if possible, to get to his room.

finally excusing himself, the flustered boy practically ran to his room and jumped on his bed after making sure the door was closed. he rolled on his back hugging one of pillows while he stared at the ceiling. he sighed, that was absolutely horrifying.

he smiled remembering how content changmin seemed by the small gesture and felt the usual giddiness whenever he thought about the elder take over, his heart was pounding aggressively against his rib cage.

he felt like a teenager in a cliché movie where the main character had just hung out with his crush for the first time. it was getting a little out of control, he'll admit that, but he couldn't bring himself to do anything about it.

in the kitchen a happy squirrel looking like boy munched on the delicious food his roommate had fondly given to him, it was his main concern at the moment and he intended on enjoying every bit, occasionally letting out small hums of content.

chanhee stood in the same spot, mug still in hand, although not as hot as before, but that didn't bother him. he had observed the small interaction quietly and smiled the whole time, mainly at the youngest boy of the three.
he smiled at his slightly tinted cheeks and obvious change in behavior before his newly awakened best friend.
sunwoo had thought he fooled them with his fake calmness and "cool" posture, but chanhee saw right through him.

the pink haired brought the mug to his lips while he stared at the boy in front of him devour the food bought for him and smiled, again. he was much happier than when he had first entered his friend's dorm, what he had just witnessed made him happy for his friend and only made him want to get to know the other dorm's resident more.

you're not as slick as you think, kim sunwoo.
chanhee thought to himself amused at the younger's antics. despite knowing his best friend was as clueless and naive as you can get, he still felt happy for the latter.
his best friend deserved to feel loved and feel happiness in first hand more than anyone, he's sure of that, and maybe he'll be able to thanks to a certain foolish boy, only a few steps away from the kitchen.

~~~

hI! im so sorry it took so long, i've been really busy. bUt i come bearing,, well this.
n e ways i'll try not to ghost for too long again, i hope everyone is doing okay and staying safe!
also ty for 100 reads it means a lot 🥺🥺