Kyū - 9

Sabito's POV

As my little sister, Makomo and little brother, Giyu looked around for clothes, I already brought mine and noticed that Ryūsei-chan was no where in sight. I told the two that I'll meet them back at home as I went outside to find her.

'She wouldn't have run away right? I mean there's no reason for her to leave. But same with the point of staying with us...' I mentally sighed at my sad thought.

'Maybe if all of us open up more maybe our relationship would be close!' I thought, smiling happily as I arrived outside. I looked around to see if Ryūsei is around then I saw a scene in front of me.

A little boy with red hair and pink eyes running to a identical girl whom I think is the boy's sister. The boy was holding onto a ball.

"Nee-chan! Nee-chan!"

"Yes?" I heard a voice beside me and immediately looked towards it.

It was Ryūsei. Her eyes immediately widened and looked lifeless when she realized the boy wasn't calling out to her. She sighed, I can feel the sadness aura around her. She leaned on the wall behind her and crouched down.

'She must have a little brother she miss or pass away...' I thought about the possibilities.

I decided to make a conversation. "Hey, having a hard time there?" I asked as I crouched beside her.

She didn't reply as she placed her arms on her knees. She buried her head in her arms. Now, I'm just looking at my new little sister drowning in deep thought.

All I could do is just sooth her by rubbing circles around her back. I can feel the aura of her sadness was big, bigger than I ever felt.

'She must have gone through a lot... More than a regular 9 year old child... Maybe even more than any of us did...' I sadly thought.

"I don't want any of your sympathy." Ryūsei's voice cracked. I softly sigh and stood up. I tapped on her shoulder.

Ryūsei slowly raised her head only to where her nose can be seen. I found it cute and smiled at her.

"Let's eat Katsudon! You said it was your favourite right? Let's go!" I extended my hand for her to hold. She looked at it and her eyes sparked a bit.

Ryūsei turned her head away from me and took hold of my hand. I smiled and helped her up.

I began walking to a famous shop which sells almost everything as I lead Ryūsei. I slowed down as she catched up to me. I turned my head down a bit so I'm looking at her.

'She really reminds me of a shy little sister.' I smiled at the thought. Ryūsei turned and realized I was staring. I quickly thought of a conversation so that it won't seem weird.

"So, you have a little brother?" I asked, looking ahead. She looked back down at the ground and nodded.

"What was he like?" I asked.

"..."

"Uh, d-did I say some-"

"He was a little troublemaker..." Ryūsei started. "He was cute, kind, outgoing, likes to run a lot. He got the running and outgoing from me, that's what mother said."

"There is a thing that made him and I special. We have these marks on our neck, same as my father. We didn't know what it meant and neither did father told us." She said pointing to the mark on her neck.

"I have a rainbow, my brother had purple while father had a plain black

"I have a rainbow, my brother had purple while father had a plain black." She explained clamly.

I took my chance and examined the mark. I looked up in the sky as I thought. Then, a light bulb appeared.

"Ah!" I chimed. I turned to her. "It's the mark of the Ryūsei! I know a lot about your family history and one of them is markings of Ryūsei." I stated as she nodded. I looked ahead and smiled.

"Look, Ryūsei! We're here!" I pointed to the shop. The said girl looked towards the direction I'm pointing and she squeezed my hand. I looked down to see we're holding hands the whole trip.

'At least she's comfortable...' I thought.

"Let's go inside." I suggested, she nodded.

~ 🅃I🄼E - 🅂K🄸P ~

"You sure it's okay?" Ryūsei asked, holding onto her menu, sitting beside me. I just smiled and patted her head.

"Daijobu! Sensei gave me some extra money! He knew you would be coming!" I said. She looked at me then the menu.

"that old man really is something huh..." She whispered under her breath.

I chuckled. "Yeah."

"Hello there, I'll be your waiter for today. What would your order be?" A man said, lazily like his tired of life. Even he's eyes look lifeless!

"One Katsudon please." Ryūsei softly said. The waiter tiredly nodded.

"That all?" He asked, not caring.

Ryūsei nodded with a smile. "Uh huh, yeah, your order will be here within a few minutes please be patient." The waiter said and walked away.

As we waited for the Katsudon, I am glad that Ryūsei had open up and smile even more.

'So this is the real Ryūsei huh...' I smiled.

Within some of the sentences, she told me to call her by her first name.

"I-It's not that I hate my surname it just bring back memories a-and I don't think it's the right time to remember them..." She trailed off. I nodded and patted her head.

"Don't worry, I understand!" I said.

As (Y/n)'s food arrived, she happily ate her Katsudon, her smile not leaving her face with me staring at her whole heartedly. Not in a pervy way dang it. More like a... Brother way.

(Y/n) let out a breath as she finished her Katsudon. "Was it good?" I asked her.

She nodded. "I love it!" I nodded and paid for the food.

"Please come again." The waiter said as the both of us left. "or not, I don't care..." He whispered under his breath and grumbled.

It was currently close to dawn but the Sun is still brightly out. I was walking beside as (Y/n) happily skipped. The sight of her being so happy all the time after the both of us opened up just made me smile.

"(Y/n), let's hurry up. It's almost dawn and I think the others will be worried." I said. The said girl looked at me.

"Okay, Sa-chan!" She happily exclaimed. In the end, we ended up holding hands the whole walk back to Sensei's place.

(A/n: Hey yoooo, just wanna let you guys know if I have any wrong spelling or the some wrong sentences please tell me in the comments cuz sometimes I turn blind on incorrect words for weird reasons. So help me out!)