Nijū Nana - 27

(Y/n)'s POV

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro called out. His beloved sister then ran to us? She engulfed me and Tanjiro in a hug, I was side hugged.

It was so sudden that my kitsune mask fell of my face. Luckily, there was a rope to secure it from falling off. It was now dangling on my neck.

I looked at her surprised. She seem to noticed my expression and let go of Tanjiro to hug me. She snuggled against me. My eyes softened.

"Ne~ Nee-chan! Surprise Hug!!" Shota's voice and cute giggle just suddenly rang in my ears.

I softly smile as I hugged Nezuko back, delicately, as if she's made out of glass. She looked up at me and slowly slip out of the hug. I nodded with a soft smile I usually give to my siblings.

As she walked back to where Tamayo-sama and Yushiro-kun were standing, Axel came from behind Yushiro and ran to me. I calmly stroke his fur with a smile on my face.

Nezuko hugged Tamayo-sama and turned to Yushiro to pet his head. As he was standing there, he was comprehending the situation before his eyes.

"Nezuko has been acting like this ever since things ended. I hope she's alright.." Tamayo-sama said, concerned.

Axel became satisfied from all the attention I gave him and sat still. My hand was still on his head.

"It's fine, Tamayo-sama. She probably thinks that both of you are people she knows." I informed.

"But the suggestion placed upon Nezuko-san... Wasn't it supposed to treat humans like family? We're demons..." Tamayo trailed off.

"It's probably because Nezuko decided to treat you as humans. Just like (Y/n)'s companion, Axel, she is willing to protect you." Tanjiro said in a soft tone.

When Tamayo heard Tanjiro's words, tears prick on the corner of her eyes. This made me and Tanjiro's eyes widened.

The thought of seeing Tamayo-san crying is like (M/n) when I got beaten up by some townsfolk. I couldn't do anything that time since I was crying too, but in pain as she was in pity.

As I felt tears prick from the corner of my eyes, I quickly wore my dangling kitsune mask back. "AH!!! I'M SORRY!! Nezuko. NEZUKO! LET GO! LET GO OF HER!!" Tanjiro panicked but stopped when Tamayo hugged Nezuko back.

"Thank you, Nezuko-san... Thank you." Tamayo whispered. Slowly, they both separated from their hug. My eyes softened as my smile quivered ever so slightly behind my kitsune mask.

"We will be leaving this place. This place is too close to Kibutsuji. If we don't hide ourselves quickly, we'll be in grave danger. And also..." She trailed off as I began to zone out once again.

I found myself staring at a window, looking outside. It was bright but I was thinking about the night sky. Thinking of how all the stars shine brightly and beautifully in the night sky always intrigues me.

"Hey, Sa-chan... Do you know that if you die, people say you'll be reborn as a star?" I asked, looking up at the beautiful night sky.

Sabito smiled warmly, looking at the same night sky.

"Well, if it's true that people die and become a star, perhaps, when they twinkle, is to make you smile. I reckon they are living the moments they failed to live."

"Wow, your such a wise man, Sa-chan."

"That's what Giyu said too."

Sabito's laughter....