San JūIchi - 31

Tanjiro's POV

"Tanjiro... (Y/n)-chan..." Zenitsu called out.

'Oh so (Y/n) has a '-chan' and I don't...' I thought as I narrowed my eyes at Zenitsu.

"What is it?" (Y/n) asked, standing up and turning to face Zenitsu. The children were behind her, gripping onto her (f/c) haori.

'If those kids grip harder, they'll tear (Y/n)'s favourite haori up...' I silently gritted my teeth.

"What is that sound? Feels really uncomfortable... It keeps ringing.. Could it be a... Drum?.." Zenitsu's comment snapped me out of my jealous thoughts. He was just staring at the house.

(Y/n)'s POV

I closed my eyes as I concentrated.

"Sound?" Tanjiro silently asked.

*thump*

*thump...*

*fwoo-*

'Body falling, 10 o'clock.' I thought. The children were still gripping onto my haori. I quickly took off my haori and ran towards an opened porch.

'I can't- no. I can. Just need to-' I thought.

"KIDS CLOSE YOUR EYES AND EARS!" I yelled at the top of lungs as they did what they're told. I slide to the ground, my knees scrapping to the ground, blood coming out of them.

I opened my arms. The man landed with a huge crack on his back and blood all over him. I eyed him.

"Sir, are you okay?" I asked.

"I.. Got... Outside..." He panted. I nodded.

"Yes, you did sir. Good job..." I complimented. I turned to the kids. "Hey kids! Does your brother wear yellowish brown clothng?!" I raised my voice so they could hear me.

"No..!" The girl said.

I nodded. I slowly set the man down. I bit my lips as I stood up.

'Kakushi's... Need to call them...' I thought. I looked up and whistled for (B/n).

She landed on my extended hand. "Call the kakushi's. Tell them to come quick and," I paused. I stood up and hissed at the pain of my knee.

"Take care of this man." (B/n) nodded and quickly flew away.

I walked to the children and sat on the floor beside them as Axel helped me. A low growl was heard inside the house. Axel took out some cotton ball, disinfection and a bandage.

I ruffled his fur. " Good boy." I muttered as I quickly disinfect my wound and wrapped it with bandages.

"Ryū-nee... Are you okay?" The girl asked. I, of course nodded with a confident look on my face.

"I'm a pillar the highest rank in the Demon Slayer corps. Of course I'm fine!" I said, proudly.

The two boys screamed and kept saying how, when, amazing but I zoned them out. As I stood up, my knees still hurt but I managed. I placed my haori over the childrens shoulders.

Tanjiro came over to me and I reassured him I'll be fine. He nodded and gave them his box. Nezuko was in it I presume.

"In case of any danger, this box right here will save you." He said, crouching down.

"Axel here too. These two will save you. But, remember. They're more important than my life in general." I said while petting my companion.

The two children nodded. "Stay out of trouble you kids." I said and turned to the boys. "Come on let's go."