Hired to be fired

Everyone got a purpose in life, even those who are mentally ill do but that doesn't mean we are suppose to purposely be useless and sit around waiting for hand me down or a easy way to success. If we want to overcome poverty we must first thrive for independence and that is exactly what I'm gonna do now.

I chant a quick prayer before I push open the doors of the store where  Shajay and I had argued a week ago. On my entry I realise there's a different face it's not Carlos at the cash register anymore but a much older guy . He has a small patch of hair on his head with streaks of gray visible.

"Hey" I approach the guy whose name is Vincent as shown on his name tag.

"What can I do for you young lady?" He ask rather annoyed. From the looks on his face I can see that he's not too friendly.

" Can I see the manager I saw a sign the other day saying that the 're  hiring?" I ask cautiously staring anywhere than his face which is now piercing into mine.

"I'm the manager"he says in a bored tone.

"Oh"I say more to myself.

"Oh" he mocks sporting a cocky grin. What an asshole.

"Soooooo I was wondering if the job is still available?" I ask him while crossing my fingers.

"You know what I don't like....... young girls like you barging up in here desperately asking for a job to either help with bills at home or to help to save for college " he then pause to take a deep breath then continues " and the next thing you know you come up in here with your skirt as short as Dora's bang and your lips as red as ripe tomatoes advertising your body to men.  And do you know who get the blame when you end up with a full belly for nine months?"

This bastard is so full of shit. Just because he owns the God damn place doesn't mean he has to be so hard in giving someone who is desperate to be employed a job. At least I want to make something of myself but this son of a bitch is giving me a hard time.

"So what that have to do with me?" I ask him impatiently.

"What I'm trying to say missy is that I don't want to be blame for anymore pregnant teenagers who come up in here that why I only hire men" he retorts more harshly than before.

"Then I guess you should have put up on your little sign outside 'Hiring only men' and I would definitely known from the beginning that your asking for men employees" I pointed out.

"You got a smart mouth there you know"he acknowledges "and that another reason why the position is not open for you" he says while fake smiling.

I really want this job I could afford to buy news clothes for myself and buy some of the stuffs on my list for Kat. I could be a lot more independent.....
If only he had a little more persuasion.

"So even if I offer you once in a lifetime deal would you still be too ignorant to see that I want to be independent but if I dont get the job I'll be a worthless bum" I argued.

"What do you have in mind?" He countered raising his right brow challengingly. At least he's interested. Guess I gotta start talking before he changes his mind.

"Suppose I work extra without pay ?" I bartered gaining his full attention.

"That reasonable but what if I say you work without a day off" What an douchebag.

"That's unreasonable I'm a human being for crying out loud I need my rest do you want to come up in here and see me dosed off with the cash register half opened " earning a shocked look from him.

"Ok ,let's see you'll work part-time because I'm guessing you have school to attend daily and extra on weekend without pay,deal" he says smiling while holding out his hand for me to shake.

I guess my prayers came through I got a job. Oh my God. I bet today's my lucky day. I start saying a quick prayer thanking my guardian angel.

"Don't start rejoicing as yet" Vincent shout startling me "If you slip you will be jobless, got that" he ask seriously.

"Yes of course you can put your trust in me"I assure him.

"I hope so....Well I'll see you Monday afternoon at five dress appropriately"he says before dismissing me.

Sorry for the short chapter but don't forget to vote and leave comments see you guys tomorrow