7

Emily's POV:

Leaving the studio was something I truly used to believe that I would never contemplate. My heart would always be here. But returning to work with Michelle, everything feels different. Everyone is thrilled to see her-and I don't blame them- but I truly wonder if I'll ever have that. If I do take a break from the studio, who's going to wait for me to come back?

I decide that I'm going to make a conscious effort to be more involved with the dancers. I've stepped back since Nick arrived and I don't want anyone to think that I'm no longer interested. It breaks my heart just thinking that I'm not as active in the dancer's lives as I used to be. Approaching Piper somehow feels daunting because it's like I have a confession to make. I just want to talk to her. To reassure her that everything will be okay.
"Piper, can we talk in the office please?" I ask, noticing that she's scribbling in a notebook. I never took Piper as a diary writer, but I guess it makes sense.
"So Piper, yesterday you told me about what's been going on within A Troupe and I'm just here to ask if you're okay. I spoke to Michelle last night, as you might have gathered, and I really want to be able to speak to you A Troupers like Miss Kate did when I was on A Troupe with James." I say. If anyone understands my past within the studio other than Richelle, it's Piper.
"I've tried being honest, Emily. But if I tell the truth, I'm breaking two hearts." I understand her struggle so well that I almost feel like I'm living in it, which maybe I am.
"I know how you feel. But Piper," I pause to make sure she is paying attention.
"You have to tell the truth. Everything will only escalate if you don't." Personally, I know this from experience. Whilst I do believe that everything happens for a reason and that Hunter was supposed to come into my life like he did, I know that everything between Michelle, Eldon and I could have been resolved quicker and more efficiently if we had just talked it out. Of course, we didn't know that as teenagers and Piper is going to have to learn her own lesson from this, but I can only advise her. Hopefully, she will take my advice.
"How do I do that when I can't stop avoiding Finn and Amy?" Amy walks in to ask if Nick is here and as soon as I look back at the chair to say that I'm having a private meeting, Piper has dashed. She truly is broken because of what has happened. I just want to be able to help her, but I can't force her into telling the truth.

I try not to take offence that Piper didn't take my advice as soon as I gave her the option. Unfortunately, it sends my mind spiralling about whether or not anyone values my opinion. I've been having the same inner crisis for at least a month and I'm tired of it. I need to simply make a choice. I can either stay and be unhappy or I can leave and be unhappy. Either way, I'm going to be unhappy so I may as well just...stay, right?

Richelle approaches me soon after Amy and Piper have left and I don't have anything to stay to her. Since her ego became enlarged, I haven't really been able to see Richelle for who she truly is. I know that she's got a good head, but what I'm not sure about is her heart. I know that she thanked Summer for leaving and I guess that was admirable of her, but more than anything I trusted Richelle. I thought she would want to go to Nationals and be Miss Nationals Soloist, especially since she is the face of Absolute Dance. Having that taken away from me really hurt. I can't focus on what I want anymore though, I need to focus on the teams interest if I'm going to stay.
"What's up Richelle?" She smiles before talking.
"I just wanted to say thank you for letting us do this. I mean, I can't believe you're so chill with it, but thanks." She says before disappearing. If there's anyone I'm grateful for right now, it's Michelle. I finally feel like I'm starting to connect with the team again, and I know that I can connect with Amy as soon as Piper tells the truth. But there's one person I really want to talk to.

A/N: Hi guys! Hope everything is going okay. So I'm currently writing a teen fiction mystery which is why my schedule is a little off. I'm hoping to enter it in the Wattys so any support on my other account would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!
If you liked it, remember to vote and Comment. Bye!