8

Summer's POV:

Emily called me in to speak to me and honestly I'm pretty surprised. I mean I've been sort of dancing in B Troupe but it isn't the same as being on the road to Nationals. As much as it kills me to say it though, I miss Henry and the team. I really wanted to just be done with the issue and move on, but I can't let everything go. I was chosen as Dance Captain for a reason and I believe that's what this is about. Although, I'm a good student, but I can't return to A Troupe knowing everything I do know. I didn't audition for Dance Mania with them so I can't be a part of that. Even worse than that, I've lost out to being Miss Nationals Soloist or even just being a dance captain at Nationals. I don't want to just sit back here, but what choice do I have?

I walk into the studio and no one is here so I decide I will take advantage of it and dance out my feelings. Everything that has happened up until this point with TNS has been the best. Now, I just feel like I've lost my home. Everyone else has relocated and I didn't follow. Not only that, but it's so hard to look back on everything I gave up to come here in the first place. I was in such a good studio with a thriving atmosphere when Miss Angela recruited new. Sure, it had its flaws but for the most part I got on with everyone. I no longer had my friends to rely on when I came here. And I didn't get that here straight away either because of the opportunities I had. Like when I performed in the solo competition. I honestly feel like I was supposed to be in that competition because I was the right fit, but I knew Richelle would never agree. Richelle. The one person who didn't like me right up until the moment I quit A Troupe. She wasn't even here when I arrived and to be honest, that was probably the most peaceful I felt on the road to regionals. Either that, or when me and Henry went on a drive-through date after the first one got cancelled.

Then there's Kingston. He was always the person I was most confused by. He had every motivation for dance and he was good, but he had never competed. We sorted out our issues when we were in the escape room, but if I'm being honest, I'm still confused on how a basement dancer got to be so good. I think about this as I turn into a leap. I roll to the floor as I think about my other teammates who had abandoned me at the first chance they got. Ozzy, Kenzie, Lily and the one that hurts the most: Henry.

Henry and I had every possibility of succeeding. I mean, Amy was just friends with him- which was one of my initial worries in our relationship- and we had gone through regionals together. It hurts to know that we won't be going through Nationals together because neither of us will be going to Nationals. I really thought I had done the right thing but as I stand here now, staring at myself in the mirror, I'm not so sure. There's an applause behind me that I somehow recognise as Emily's and I look down before going into her office with her. To my surprise, Michelle walks in to offer me some advice I wasn't expecting to be so happy to hear.
"Summer, you're an amazing dancer, but you need to be selfish. You need to think about what's best for you. I know you've had a hard season, but deep down I know you really want to go to Nationals. I'm not telling you to quit the studio though, I'm simply saying that maybe you should think about becoming a leader for B Troupe." Emily smiles at me and I'm wondering how exactly I'm going to boss around people I barely even know when I wasn't good at bossing around people I do know and love.
"I don't think I can do that." I say, disheartened by everything. There's a part of me that just wants to leave TNS, but there's an even bigger part of me that knows I can't just abandon this now. I have to be a part of a team somehow and this might be my only shot.
"This is your only chance to be a part of something that matters here at TNS. Please, take this team to Nationals." I'm a little intimidated by the prospect of taking an entire team to Nationals by myself, but I'm going to try. If not for Michelle or Emily, then for myself.
"Will you help me?" I ask to Emily. She nods but I see a flicker of doubt in her eyes and I suddenly understand why Michelle is here.

Emily's thinking about quitting the studio.

A/N: Hi guys! Hope you enjoyed that chapter. If you did, make sure to vote and comment so I know you did!

Thanks, bye!