12

Summer's POV:

B Troupe are rehearsing for Nationals when Nick comes in to tell us the news. I may not be as close with A Troupe anymore, but I do know that they've been searching for Emily for weeks. In fact, I think we all know that. Personally, I was hoping she would be the person to lead my new team to Nationals, but apparently not. Even going to her house didn't work.
"Okay, I'm sorry that I'm the one who has to tell you this, but unfortunately for the foreseeable future, Emily has left TNS. I'm sure she will be back, but I just thought you should know, seeing as you're now the team going to Nationals." The cheery façade that Nick is putting on only reminds me why I wish I was somewhere else right now. I don't think he'd sugarcoat it for A Troupe because they're the only people he seems to care about.
"Well, we have Summer who can lead us." Jude interjects before he can put in a contingency plan. The truth is I really like B Troupe and I finally feel like I've found my place. I just wish I could've done it with Emily here.
"Yeah and we're all capable dancers." Presley states, making me giggle a little. Of course it would be Presley. She's only just moved up and she's already getting completely stuck in. A mini Richelle to a T.
"Okay, well." He scratches the back of his neck and I'm concerned that that's the end of the sentence. I've noticed that Nick doesn't exactly feel comfortable around us B Troupers yet. I'd even go as far as to say that the only name he knows is mine. Something has to change.
"I'll give you a week trial, see how you do." He finally says before making his way out. I look to the rest of the dancers and realise that I need to do this for this team. These are the people who want to go to Nationals and I need to start accepting that. No one in A Troupe has been wishing for me to go back, not even Henry so why should I care?

"So go one two fankick three four and into a roll before preparing for your turns." I say, demonstrating as I go. I've noticed Cleo in the back, not really trying too hard. She should be though because we're going to Nationals like she wanted.
"Cleo, can we talk?" I ask, telling everyone else to break for five. Jude gives her a knowing glance and I send a reassuring nod her way.
"Cleo, I get that you're not happy that you're not on A Troupe anymore, but we're going to Nationals!" I say, trying to get her excited.
"Look Summer, I'm happy about it, I am, but what I don't understand is how we're supposed to lead ourselves there. We need Emily. Or Nick. Or someone." She says, clearly frustrated. I know how she feels. I've been feeling that way since I decided to let A Troupe go to Dance Mania, but I can't tell her that.
"Then we'll just have to find Emily." I say, smiling at her.
"Get Jude and Presley to come with us afterwards to go to Emily's apartment again. We need this to work if we're getting to Nationals anytime soon." I say, hoping that I'm right for once. I haven't been right on A Troupe in a while so maybe B Troupe will be a better choice for me. I believe that it will be.
"Okay, okay. But Emily hasn't been seen anywhere near the studio in weeks. Also how do you know where her apartment is? I've been meaning to ask that for a while." I put my hand to my forehead, forgetting that I haven't explained everything.
"I went there once for an A Troupe thing." I keep it brief because I feel like we don't have much time. If Emily is going to come back before nationals, we need to do it as quick as possible.

A/N: Okay so I definitely maybe forgot about this fanfic and I've definitely maybe started a completely new one that's really different and that I'm not sure I'll ever release...but anyway here it is.

Make sure to vote and comment and add to your reading lists and all that jazz!

Thanks for reading.