Chapter 14

Riley's POV

"When are you thinking of going home?" Sheri asked me sweetly at dinner that night. I'd decided I wanted to try to go back to my family, see if they'd accept me. I also wanted to go back to dance, if A troupe would let me. I'm sure they're all pretty furious with me for my actions recently. At least I have Michelle on my side though. She'll stand up for me.
"Probably in a few weeks, so I can get my life completely back on track first." I answered. So I get over my mess up last night, was what I really wanted to say.
"Alright sweetheart. You take as long as you need." Sheri smiled at me. I smiled back, taking a bite of food.

6 weeks later

I sighed as I looked in the mirror, fixing my skirt yet again. I had been pushing it off, but I finally decided today was the day I'd go apologize to my family. It had been 9 weeks since my mom caught me smoking outside the house and this all really started. I've worked hard though, I'm ready to leave that person behind me. I swallowed the lump in my throat, looking at my reflection. I wore a pretty white dress with floral detailing. My hair, which was still short and bleached, was curled loosely, and pined back with a clip. A light, natural makeup look is what I settled for while getting ready today. I spent 2 hours getting ready this morning, but I had to. I have to look perfect for my parents to give me a chance. "Ready?" Michelle smiled at me, leaning against the doorway. I nodded, suddenly feeling insanely nervous. "How you feeling?" She asked.
"Like I'm gonna be sick." I told her. I closed my eyes, trying to calm my nerves. Deep breath in, and out. Inhale, exhale. But it didn't help. I found myself running to the washroom, just making it in time to vomit in the toilet. Michelle followed quickly, pulling my hair out of my face. Even after I finished vomiting, I kept my head over the toilet bowl, feeling like I could still be sick at any moment. Michelle rubbed my back gently.
"I don't think I've ever seen you this nervous." She joked. I rolled my eyes. But I was also worried. Michelle doesn't usually make jokes, especially not to lighten the mood. Unless she's about to do something you won't be happy about. And sure enough, she did do something. "I have something I want you to do before we leave." She said. I finally looked up, watching her leave the washroom, before returning only a few seconds later, a plastic bag in hand. "I got this when I bought the plan B the day after my 18th birthday, for you. I think you need to use it." I watched as she pulled the box out, and I sighed.
"Mitchie-" I started.
"You've been like this for the past week. It's time to take it." She told me sternly. I swallowed, taking the box from her hands. She left me to take it. When I was done, I washed my hands, waiting for the results. I took a look, seeing what it said, before wrapping the test up in toilet paper, and throwing it in the garbage. I sighed, running my fingers through my hair, before exiting the bathroom. Michelle was leaning against the wall, waiting anxiously for me to exit. She raised her eyebrows, encouraging me to talk. I shook my head rubbing my face.
"I'm not going home." I told her. Sadness spread across her face as she moved to gather me into a tight hug. Tears slowly started slipping down my cheeks, falling into Michelle's shirt and wetting her shoulder.
"I'm sorry." She said, rubbing my back gently again. I broke, sobbing hard into her shoulder as she quietly soothed me.
"I can't go home. My parents will kill me." I cried.
"It'll be okay. You'll be fine. You'll make it work." Michelle reassured me. I pulled away, shaking my head at her.
"It won't be okay. It'll never be okay. I'm pregnant." I sobbed, feeling close to hyperventilating. Michelle said nothing more, but pulled me back into the hug, continuing to sooth me as I cried.