Chapter 15

4 days. 5 days. Same thing, right? 😅

Riley's POV

"Come in." I called, sniffling as whoever had just knocked opened the door.
"Hey sweetie." Sheri said. She had a sympathetic look on her face as she looked at me. I was currently curled into a ball on my bed, dressed in sweatpants and a sweater, hair in a bun, and makeup running down my face from my tears. "How are you doing?" She asked.
"I'm okay. I just thought my parents might want me back." I replied. I'd spun some lie saying I went home but they told me to get out and never come back, that I'd made my bed, and now I had to lay in it. Complete crap, I wasn't about to go to my very Catholic home while pregnant. I may be pretty stupid, but you've got to be an absolute idiot to do that.
"Did you really go home Riley?" Sheri questioned, crossing her arms as she stared me down. I felt what little confidence I had left falter. How does she know?
"Of course. I wouldn't lie to you." I lied, barely able to look her in the eye. She raised an eyebrow.
"Honey, you don't have to lie to me. I know everything." Sheri stated. I felt my stomach drop. I was embarrassed. Ashamed. I'd made some pretty stupid decisions. And Sheri knows about all of them.
"How?" I managed to get out, shocked, nervous, relieved... I don't know! I was just feeling every emotion at once.
"Michelle told me. She told me the day it happened, and she told me about the test a few minutes ago." She answered. I should've known. Michelle could never keep something like that to herself. "Why didn't you want anyone to know?" She asked.
"I couldn't. I'm supposed to be the good one. Emily thought it was bad enough I was smoking, imagine telling her I had sex. Telling her I'm pregnant! My parents would disown me all over again. They're the type of religious that reads the bible every night. I was raised hearing 'sex before marriage is a sin' and 'those who lose their virginity before marriage burn in hell'. I'd thought I could change my life around, I could clean up my act and go home. But now, I can't go home at all now, I.... I just can't do it." I explained. Sheri licked her lips, listening to every word intently.
"What are you gonna do with it? With your life?" She inquired.
"I don't know. Try to find a job, hope I can manage to create a good life for myself on my own. And the child.... I don't even know where to begin. I have no clue what I'd do with it. It's life, I know I can't destroy it, but I can't imagine someone walking around with my flesh and blood. There is absolutely no way I could raise a child, but I can't imagine the pain of having to part with it. I just- I don't know." I told her.
"How many weeks?" Sheri asked sweetly.
"Six." I replied. She nodded.
"Do you want me to get you an appointment with a doctor? It'll be good for you and the baby, and she may be able to help you come to a decision." She suggested. I thought for a minute. A doctor? I just found out a few hours ago. Then again, I think you are supposed to have a six week appointment. But I could be entirely wrong. I mean, I've never been pregnant before. How am I supposed to know? I just nodded, deciding she would know best, seeing as she did have Michelle.
"Yes, please. Thank you." I stated. She smiled warmly at me.
"You're welcome." She said, before turning and leaving me alone again.