Happy birthday dad

It's been three weeks since I left the hospital to be pronounced cancer-free, and also today is dad's birthday, and I have to make an excuse so I can meet up with Mada.
I was so excited that I jumped from the top step to the bottom when I got to the bottom step I landed on my bottom hard.
"Ow, dammit!" I yelled
Dad came to aid, "Are you ok honey?" he asked.
"Yeah I'm fine, do you mind if I go out with my friends today?"
"Of course, just get home before curfew, ok honey?"
"Alright, dad."
We hugged and he gave me a big kiss on my forehead and chuckled. I ordered an Uber and got to the place Mada told me to meet him and everyone else for his party.
As I got there, I put on my hood and glasses so I wouldn't get recognize, when I got to the place of the party the first person who saw me was Mada he approaches me and hugged me.
"So, what excuse did you have to use so you can get here?" he asked
"I told him that I was going to hang out with some friends, so yeah."
"Well, I'm happy you're here to celebrate with us, come and meet everyone here."
After meeting everyone, it was time to surprise him. We were waiting patiently, once the door opened, we shouted, "SURPRISE!"
He had a smile printed on his face, when he saw me, his eyes widened. And then everyone began to sing happy birthday and he thanked everyone.
Once he was done, he approached me and said, "So this where you've been all this time huh?"
"Yeah, don't be mad."
He set his drink, picked me up and spun me, and then stopped, "Of course not, I'm overjoyed that I get to spend my first birthday with you."
"Well, that's good."
As it began to end, I was getting sleepy, and we were staying a little past the party, and dad was talking with his friends on the couch. I stood up to get something to drink, and I poured myself a cup of coke. And I walked back to the group, once I got back and sat back down. I fell asleep on dad's lap.