18

So here I was

Thinking this is when I'm going to die

Then I realized that I'm a fighter.

With one last effort I lifted my hips again throwing him off of me. He hit his head in the floor and I quickly tried to get from underneath him. I ran out of the bathroom and towards my bed where I kept my gun.

"Come back here you bitch." He said. But it was too late I already grabbed my gun, and it was pointed towards him. He put his hands up in defense and I clenched my jaw.

I was angry now.

"Police!" I heard a man say from the doorway.

"In here!" I yelled. They came in and quickly tackled him to the ground using unnecessary force. But he deserved it.

                                            ~*~
"We're coming to get you, you better have all your shit packed." Elija said angrily through the phone.

"Elija I swear I'm not going down without a fight. Leave me ALONE." I yelled before hanging up.

I was sick and tired of the men. I gave the cops a description of what had happened prior to their arrival. It was my mistake to call them after what had happened and they wanted me to move out ASAP. The paramedics gave me a bag of ice to put on the growing bruise on my face.

"You have someone coming to get you?" The guy asked. I sighed.

"Yeah, sadly."

"You're lucky, the dispatcher had guessed you would be dead upon arrival after what the operator heard."
I shrugged.

"I'm not leaving that easily." I said

"You should be okay physically. You're probably in a little bit of a shock. Take it easy for the next couple of days. But as for psychologically you might want to see a therapist." I sighed. "It's common for victims to experience PTSD after events like this."

"Yeah. I'll look into it." I said sighing. He gave me a tight smile and gathered his things. He left just as the men were coming in. They looked panicked as they accessed the wreck.

"Yvonne are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine for now. Thank you guys for coming."

"Why are you thanking us? Yvonne any person would've came to your aid. It's not something to be thanked for." I scoffed.

"How are you feeling?" Damon asked calmly. I knew there was a storm brewing in his eyes with how calm he was. Elija gingerly touched my hand that was holding the ice pack and took it away from the bruise on my face. He grimaced, I heard Damon take in a breath.

"I'm going to go talk to the cops." He said clenching and unclenching his fists. I watched him walk off as I focused on Elija who was looking at me with sadness.

"Elija I'm okay, is Damon okay?" I asked.

"Yeah he's pissed and probably wants to murder someone. How are you doing emotionally?"

"The EMT said I was probably in shock. Which sounds about right. I know it's gonna hit me soon but I know I'll be okay." This wasn't the worse thing I've endured.

"We'll have someone pack your things but for now you need a bag with about two to three-"

"You're really going to make me move?" I asked

"Yvonne, yes. Don't argue with me, you are moving in with us end of conversation." I sighed, I was too tired to argue now. They were lucky.

"Will you need help packing?" I shook my head and went into my room. I looked around and a dull sadness hit me. Sighing I put everything I wanted into a nice sized bag and I gave my room one more look.

I guess things were gonna be different now.