21

Yvonne

So we sat around and chatted like we normally did. I was feeling a tad bit better but there was still an underlying emotion of anxiousness that caused me to look around constantly.

"Yvonne, come look at this fountain with me." My eyes shot to Damon who was observing me with a determined look.

"Umm okay." He got up and came over to me holding his hand out so he could help me up. He calmly escorted me outside to the garden as the sound of the beautiful fountain calmed me I watched as it reflected the moon.

"You do know that I can sense when you're uncomfortable." I raised an eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?" I played it off.

"You don't have to be strong all the time." Shit I'm gonna cry.

"Damon-"

"Yvonne." He answered.

"I'm not pretending to be strong?" I said in more of a question he chuckled.

"I- we're proud of you for making it this far I want you to know that." There goes the tears. I tried to bite my lip to muffle the sobs that were aching to come out. But of course Damon caught on. Why wouldn't he?

"Hey it's okay. You did it. The hard part is over." He said embracing me in a hug.

"Please stop you're making me cry even more." I said trying to laugh it off. He gave me a napkin and I dabbed my eyes softly.

"It's okay to cry."

"Shhh I'm okay. Enough sadness. I've been sad for too long and you're not helping." I said sniffing. Damon took his finger and lifted my chin making me look at him. He looked at me carefully before wiping slightly below my eye.

"Your make up. It was, messed. Up." He said slowly starting to get the vibe I was giving off and without a word between us he went down and kissed me.

And I kissed him back.

The kisses deepened as the moon shined just a little brighter and a shadow disappeared from my sight.

One week later

Elija

The scene at the event that night replayed in my mind over and over. She kissed him. She actually kissed him.

I felt stupid for feeling such jealousy but I couldn't help it. I wanted her too. They had gotten closer I could tell. The way she would cuddle up next to him every moment she got. It's like they forgot about me.

I clenched my fist and put on my earbuds before heading out the house for a run. I needed to let these emotions out.

Yvonne

The door slammed as Elija left once again. He's been in a mood lately and I haven't really figured out why. Damon and I have been trying to figure out how to talk to him but he seems so emotionless.

"We have to talk to him about what his deal is." I said sipping on my tea.

"I think he'll be fine."

"Oh shut up and cook me some breakfast." I said rolling eyes before my phone rang. I went to the living room to answer it.

"What's wrong with Elija?" Brit asked.

"That's what we've been wondering." I said plopping down on the sofa "has he told you anything?" I asked.

"No he's barely said anything for the last week. You know he's going on that business trip in a couple days. I would suggest you get to it before then."

"Jeez you're much help." I said sarcastically. "But I got it. Detective White is on the case." I said in a serious tone.

"Girl get off my phone." She said before hanging up. I scoffed.

"I'm heading into the office they need me there. Will
You okay by yourself?"

"Um yeah? Of course I will."

"Okay breakfast is on the table make sure you eat."

"Yes sir." I said scrolling through my phone. I heard him leave and I got up to go and eat.

I finished washing the dishes as soon as I heard the door open then slam shut.

"Elija can I talk to you." He paused seeing as he was going straight upstairs to his room but reluctantly he turned around not saying anything.

"Are you okay? Lately you've been a bit out of it, a little angry." He looked at me with a blank expression. He wasn't listening to me.

"You know what never mind I don't have the patience to deal with you attitude." And just like a little kid he rolled his eyes and went upstairs to go take a shower. So I did some internal collections of data. Then it clicked.

This started after I kissed Damon.

Elija feels left out.

I pouted. My poor baby thinks I forgot about him.

Quickly I called Damon. He answered on the second ring.

"What's up?"

"I'm gonna go with Elija on the trip."

"Alright I guess I'll stay here an hold the headquarters down."

"Thank you my love, he feels left out. Think about it this all happened-"

"After the kiss. He was there." Damon said connecting the dots. "Gotcha so yeah I think the business trip will be great for you both."

"That's what I'm thinking."

"Okay well I'm going into a meeting I'll talk to you when I get home."

"Okay see you then." I sighed before hanging up.

I was going to get to the end of this.