9. Jambu

What a stupid name for a planet. Azam tought.

Jambu.

It sounded like something she would name the ants on Exegol.

(Am I roasting my poor capability of coming up with planets names? Yes, I am.)

Apparently this place actually had sun and she wondered how that would feel, in her skin, her eyes... what would this place look like...?

She sat with her feet over a table and played with her knife as they made their way to Jambu.

Six guards were with her, not counting the two piloting the ship, all dressed in red from head to toe.

She whished for a moment that Jilyn was there with her... she hadn't seen her in a long time.

The clothes she was wearing today were the strangest and most uncomfortable thing she had ever worn in her life.

They were shorts... as a trooper said.

Azam knew that she had gotten many stares when she made her way to the ship, even if most of the people on Exegol wore masks.

Her grandfather had wished her luck and remembered her that she needed to get the information, then let her go.

"Miss Palpatine, we'll be arriving soon. May I suggest you leave your weapons here?" One guard approached her.

"Make sure we land far from the city, I don't want anyone following us" Azam answered.

She would not leave her weapons behind. Who did that soldier thought he was? He should be focusing on his damb job, which included no one knowing the way to Exegol.

Even she didn't know it.

"We're here"

"I know" the ship had stopped and Azam walked close to the door.

"Miss Palpatine, I suggest you put your hood on, the sun might burn your eyes a little" A different soldier said.

She thought about it... but secretly she wanted to feel it, even if it hurt.

It may remind her of Jakku and her life with her parents. It didn't mean that she liked that time or wished to go back to being Rey... but as her grandfather would say, it was okay to feel.

And she wanted it.

"I'll do once we're closer to the city" she answered and side smiled at him, letting her fangs be visible.

The soldiers almost took a step back.

Azam fixed her clothes and made sure that she had her lightsaber as she waited for the platform to go down.

She felt uncomfortable with her chest and legs exposed, but at least her robe covered her a little.

"I want two of you walking close to me and the others just secure the perimeters, understood?" She didn't even look back as she said it.

Walking down the ramp she first felt the warm on her feet and slowly it crept high up her body.

Filling her with yellow soft rays of sun.

"Wow" she mumbled, stopping for a bit to take everything in.

The sun was high in the sky but as it was a bit late it didn't burn her eyes, she could see trees! More alive ones than the ones in Dagobah and some villages.

There was noise and color everywhere... so much life.

She closed her eyes for a moment, calling on the force, feeling every single thing in this planet, dead and alive, in the surface and hiding in the depths.