{02}

"Are you ready to live the best year of your life, Finn?" asked Audrey, a huge smile on her face. Of course, there was a smile on her face. She never ever felt any other emotions, which was something that weirded Finn out but was grateful for. At least one of them could always raise the other's mood.

Finn just nodded. There wasn't much he could say, as he was just waiting for the moment Audrey would take her wig off and everyone would start shouting 'It's a prank!'. But that wasn't even close to happening.

"What are your plans for this year?" she asked, twirling her hair around her finger. "I am just hoping not to fall in love. If I can do that for a year, my life goal is complete..."

"That's a whole mood," he said, letting my inner personality jump out. "I need to figure some things out, and then everything will be fine. My life is confusing me quite a bit right now, but let's see how it goes."

"Nice goal. What's up with your life? Are you and Brett going through a rough patch?" she asked, and he thought she was joking. How could she say that? She knew very well that he hated Brett with every bit of him. Because that weird bastard cheated on him...

"What? Do you not remember?"

"Remember what?" she asked, dumbfounded. Audrey was never a great actress, and a liar for that matter, but at that moment he thought that the only person he trusted throughout high school was trying to make fun of him and his situation.

"You really don't remember anything? About Brett and I?" he asked. And when she shook her head while looking him right in the eyes, Finn understood that she really wasn't pranking him or playing tricks.

Finn nervously looked around and when he saw Brett walking towards them, his mind started spinning and he felt the urge to throw up. But when he saw who was next to him, his mind became clear again, and his blood started boiling.

Next to Brett, the boy who everyone loved, was Charlie. And the second I saw Charlie, he understood that something was terribly wrong. Because Charlie Dunn died in a car crash three months previous, along with his girlfriend and one of their friends.

"Charlie? Is that you?" Asked Finn, half-knowing what the answer would be and half-hoping that he would be deceived.

"Yeah, I'm Charlie. And you're Finn. What is it?"

"What are you doing here? I thought you..."

"What am I doing here?" he repeated a smile on his face. "I'm not gonna miss the first day of school. It's the second-best day that every school year has. Right after graduation."

"Can someone give me the date?" Finn asked nervously.

Brett pulled out his phone, not his shiny iPhone 11, but the iPhone 6s that he broke when the two broke up, and did as Finn asked.

Everything was right except for the year. He already lived in 2019. There was no way that whatever was going on was really happening.

"We haven't graduated yet?" he asked, and every single member of his friend group looked at him in a strange manner.

"No, of course not," said Charlie, a smile on his face. "I'm so excited about it, though..."

And then it hit him. Finn was in some sort of time loop that brought me back a year. To the worst year of my life.

And as for Charlie, he would never make it until graduation.

⊶  ⊷

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter and the story so far!