{15}

Charlie hurried into the house. "Finn? Where are you?"

The boy ran up the stairs and walked into Finn's bedroom. Finn wasn't there, and there was just one place left where he could be. He hurried downstairs and into the basement.

He saw the boy sitting on the old couch, his hands clenched around his knees where his head was buried. There were muffled sobs escaping his mouth.

"Finn? What's wrong?" asked Charlie and walked to the couch and put an arm around the other boy. "Can you tell me what's going on?"

"Brett cheated on me. More than once..."

"What? Are you sure?" asked Charlie. He knew that his best friend couldn't cheat on his boyfriend that he loved and adored on a whole other level. "That doesn't..."

"That doesn't sound like Brett? Is that what you wanted to say?" Charlie nodded. Finn knew exactly what the other boy was about to say. "Well, he did. And not just once. Multiple times..."

"I'm sorry... I don't know what to say," admitted Charlie, a serious expression on his face. "I never knew that Brett could do something like that to anyone, let alone you. And I can't imagine how you feel right now."

"It's fine. I just needed you to come over. I just couldn't imagine that Brett could cheat on me and you were one of the only two people I could tell. I'm still not exactly on talking terms with my mom and she does her best to avoid the house. And Audrey is on a date..."

"Really? I didn't know that... I want to tell you something, Finn."

"What is it? Please don't tell me that you cheated on me too," joked Finneas, and tears stopped coming out his eyes, which was a sight for any sore eye.

"I wouldn't treat you like that if we were together," blurted out Charlie which made Finn close his eyes in shock. "What I mean to say is that I like you and I'd love to go out with you."

"Charlie..." started Finn but didn't finish his sentence. It was pointless. Finneas knew that he felt the same way and that he would be a lot happier with Charlie than he ever was with Brett, even at the absolute start.

"Would you like to go out with me sometime, Finneas Davis?" asked Charlie.

The use of his full name made Finn remember Brett's admission of guilt, but he pushed it away. Even if he was sad, he somehow knew that it would happen and was prepared for it. He already got over the heartbreak once, and it probably wouldn't be as hard to get over the same person again.

"Yes. I'd love to go out with you, Charlie," said Finn, making Charlie go ahead and kiss him.

"Thank god. I was so scared of you saying no. I literally wanted to run away or just let the ground swallow me."

"Well, I said yes, and that's what matters. But I want to tell you that it could take a while for me to get over Brett completely. We've been together for two years and I want to move on properly and not let it haunt me later on in life."

"I understand that completely," said Charlie, a calm smile on his face.

"Thanks..."

The two of them sat there together for a while in complete silence. The silence was extremely calming to the two, even if they had so many things to say to each other.

"I actually have an idea."

"Shoot..."

"Today is Friday the 13th and one of the horror movies that's on the list of the films that I have to see before going off to college is having a rerun at the local cinema. Can I take you to our first date tonight?"

"To a scary movie?"

"Yeah, why not? It might be fun," said Charlie, a huge smile on his face.

"Okay."

"Okay?" asked Charlie, as if he needed another answer to be reassured that what was going on was real.

"Okay. Let's go watch a scary movie..."