{07}

After that time in November when Finn was late, he and Charlie walked together every day. Charlie parked his car next to Finn's house every day and they walked. It kept them close, and in Finn's mind, it kept Charlie safe.

"Are you depressed?" asked Charlie out of nowhere.

"What?"

"I know that you heard me, Finn. Are you depressed?" he repeated.

"I know what you said, I heard you the first time. Why would you ask that?" asked Finn out of curiosity. Was it really that obvious? And since he was diagnosed with depression in the other timeline, did that mean that he was also depressed in this one?

"I don't know. You're just sad all the time and I know that it's not because of Brett or Audrey, because I asked them first. So it's either your mom finding out about your sexuality and not accepting you or you being depressed."

"I don't think my mom knows that I'm gay, Charlie. And even if she would, accepting me would come as natural for her."

To tell the truth, Finn wasn't sure that his mom would accept him. But if she accepted him in the other timeline, why wouldn't she accept him in this one?

"That's cool..."

"Yeah," said Finneas, not knowing what he'd say. After that, an awkward silence came between the two, neither of them knowing what to say.

"So are you?" finally asked Charlie, shattering the silence along with the tension that built up over time.

"Am I gay? Yeah, I am gay..."

"That's not what I meant. Are you depressed?" Asked Charlie, genuine concern to be heard in his voice.

"I don't know if I'm depressed or not, Charlie. If you're asking if I'm diagnosed, then the answer is not exactly. And if you're asking if I know why I'm depressed, the answer is I'm not sure. A lot of stuff has happened since the beginning of the year, some stuff that I don't want to talk about, and other stuff that just doesn't concern you..."

"Ouch."

"I didn't mean it like that. I just meant..." started Finn but didn't get to finish his sentence.

"I know what you meant. It's fine if you want to keep some things to yourself. Everyone has secrets. But I said this once before, and I'll say it again. If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here."

Finn didn't know what to say. 

Could this be the right time to tell him? But even if I do, is he going to believe me? I messed with the past way too much for it to not influence the future, so there's no way of proving my theory... Finn thought internally, yet still didn't amass the courage to tell Charlie. Or his other friends or family, for that matter.

"Can you come over to my place today? Not for a specific occasion or reason or anything, I just want to watch a movie or something..."

"Yeah, sure. I'll text Audrey and Brett, too."

"Could you not call them over? I feel like just the two of us hanging out. Not all of us..."

Charlie just nodded, which Finn was extremely grateful for.