{09}

By the time the credits rolled, both boys were in tears.

"I admit, I was wrong. This definitely wasn't a happy ending..."

"I want to say I told you so, but the ending made me weep. Literally. Why did it have to end like that? Who allowed this movie to make me so sad?"

Those questions were pointless. There would be no answer that could be provided, and both boys knew it. The movie was the definition of heartbreak. One of the boys experienced it, yet not in his timeline.

Charlie moved dangerously close to Finn and at that moment Finn just gave in to his emotions. It might've been due to his mental vulnerability, but he kissed one of his best friends.

He had expected Charlie to pull away, then scream and be mad at him. Maybe even out him to his mom and make Brett break up with him, but he didn't. Instead, he too gave in to his emotions and let them lead the way.

When they finally pulled away from each other, Finn's eyes were open wide in shock while Charlie couldn't even open them. Both of them felt the same things. They were both ashamed of their actions but didn't regret it either. They had both enjoyed it.

"What day is it?" asked Finn out of the blue.

"Friday, why?"

"I meant the date. But do you want to sleep here tonight?" asked Finn, then immediately stood up from his bed. There were just too many things that happened on that very same bed, he wouldn't even be amazed if Charlie somehow teleported somewhere and an alien appeared in his place.

Well, he probably would be, but that wasn't exactly the point.

Charlie pulled out his phone and checked the date. "Today is... the 6th of April. Why?"

"Oh, nothing," lied Finneas. He didn't really have a choice but it still hurt him to lie to Charlie, just as it hurt him to lie to Brett and Audrey all year long.

"Okay. Also, I'd love to stay over..."

Finn couldn't help but hear those words as a flirtatious advance. It was probably just him imagining things, but with what happened just seconds ago, he wasn't so sure.

Because was that just both of them emotionally unstable and seeking comfort or something else?

"Cool. Do you need some clothes, because I can give you some..."

"No, that's fine. I mean, I'll go back home in the morning anyways."

'That soon?'  was what Finn had wanted to say, but he didn't. "Okay..."

"Want to watch some other movie from that list?" asked Charlie, and to both of them, that seemed like an excellent idea.

"Sure. But we're watching the trailer first this time. There's no way that you'll see me crying because of a movie twice in one day."

"Whatever you say."

Charlie just chose the movie that was right after the last one and played the trailer. It had already convinced me that the movie was good, but I'd have to wait for another two hours and see for real.

"Let's watch it."

And with that, Charlie pressed 'Play' again.