Nine.

How did she get out?!

Cecil shoots you a cheerful smile.
"I was coming over when I saw her rolling around in the grass. I thought you might want her back!"

"Y-Yeah, thanks." Was all you could stutter out as you take the tiny calico.
You look her over to make sure she isn't hurt. She seems fine but her fur is covered in dirt and bits of dead grass.. You pick a few pieces out as she struggles in your arms.
"Awe, hey Aurora, you precious sweetheart!" he says, rubbing the kittens belly. You abruptly shoot your head around to look at him.
While you were distracted he must've taken the opportunity to sneak past you into your house.
Why that little-

"Huh? Oh hey candy, what are you doing over there?" He asks as he looks over into the kitchen. You follow his gaze and see the little white kitten stumbling on the tile floor.
"Come here." He says, holding out his hand for her. She sniffs the air for a second and then waddles happily towards him.
He pets her for a minute before picking her up, earning a loud mew from the tiny girl.
To your surprise, you hear another kitten respond to Candy.
You close the door and look around where you heard it. Very quickly you find Cotton curled up in one of your boots by the door.

Cat, no, boots smell bad!
You help him out of the footwear and take him over to his sister, which he seems pretty happy about.
You set both of the kittens together on the blanket. Of course, Koi doesn't stay there very long.
The little rapscallion almost immediately tries to climb your couch.

"No, no! no clawing the couch up, you fluffy delinquent." You pick her up and set her back on the blanket, this time on the opposite aside of her siblings from the couch.
She now decides to try and wake up Aurora instead of climbing.

Okay, good. But where's Luco? If he got out, it could be dangerous. He's a black cat so if it was dark out when he left, he could have gotten hurt.

"Oh" Cecil mumbles "My mother said yes by the way, in case you couldn't tell."
You stared at him blankly for a moment before remembering what you had said to him before.
He then takes off his book bag and sets it on the floor next to him.
He unzips it and takes out a book. You don't really get see what it is-
Wait.
Please don't be a religious book.
Please don't proselytize to me in my own living room.

Oh no, its fine. Just a cookbook.
Why does he have a cookbook with him?
Koi finally notices Cecil's bag on the floor and decides to explore. She climbs on it and finds her way inside of the unzipped bag.

"Let's see.." He mumbles as he flips through the cookbook. He doesn't look up as he continues. "You like sweets, right? You really enjoyed the cake I made yesterday, so I thought you might."

"Um, yeah? Why?"
He smiles happily turning the book for you to see the pages.
"I brought my personal recipe book with me. I've made everything in here, so you can choose anything you want from it!"
The current page was a from-scratch Japanese chiffon chocolate cheesecake.
"Oh that's very nice of you! But you don't have to, its fine! Plus, you said that you have a church thing in an hour, right?"

He looks at you blankly for a second before his smile returns.
"We can still choose one now. We'll just cook it when I get back~"
You stutter in response as he hands you the book. He wiggles his finger at koi, who is currently rubbing cat hair all over his belongings. She spots his finger and lunges at it, trying to catch his digit.