Chapter 6 - Annabeth

***NONE OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY BELONG TO ME. THEY ARE PROPERTY OF RICK RIORDAN AND JONATHAN M. SHIFF.

Annabeth wakes up early in the morning like she usually does. That night she had dreams about fish. Which was very weird for her. She usually doesn't have normal mortal dreams. She gets undressed and steps into the bath. She sits there for about ten seconds until her body starts to shimmer. Annabeth watched in horror as her legs formed into one long, sparkly orange... tail. She starts to freak out and for a second, she wonders if Percy did this.

"Percy! Get in here!" she yells.

He knocks on the door and asks, "Are you okay?"

"I'm not sure but if this is some sort of prank, I swear to the gods..." Her voice trailed off as Percy opened the door and stepped into the bathroom, eyes squeezed shut.

"I'm decent," Annabeth says, annoyed. Percy opens his eyes and they almost bug out of his head.

"Y-you're one of them?" Percy asks, excitement filling his eyes.

"Percy. You better not be doing this somehow."

"I'm not! I swear!" Percy says. Then he pokes his head out the door and yells for Piper and Jason.

"Woah! What the..." Jason says. More unsettled than excited. Piper just stood there, eyes wide.

"The pool," Annabeth says, remembering the urban legend, "So it was true. It gave me a... tail."

"Just like Cleo!" Percy exclaims, still oblivious to the seriousness of this.

"Percy! Come on! I can never touch water in public again! This is horrible. What am I going to do?" Annabeth puts her head in her hands. Percy puts a hand on her shoulder and immediately her body shimmers again and she turns back human.

"Oh yeah! Percy, anything you touch is dry right? You could just stay by Annabeth and-" Piper was cut off by Annabeth.

"He's not going to be with me every minute of every day. No matter how much we try, there are accidents. I think we need to talk to those girls. Maybe they know a way I can reverse it somehow." The rest of them nodded.

Sorry about the super short chapter. I just felt I should stop here. What do you think about Annabeth being a mermaid? I thought it would be cool for Percy and Annabeth to swim together. I hope you liked this chapter. If you did, remember to vote! Thanks for reading!