Chapter 12 - The Marine Park

***NONE OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY BELONG TO ME. THEY ARE PROPERTY OF RICK RIORDAN AND JONATHAN M. SHIFF

"So, where are we going first?" Percy asked the guys. No one answered. Zane was staring daggers at Percy. Percy ignored him. He'd seen better glares from the pigeons in New York.

"Lewis? Any suggestions?"

"We could take you to the Marine Park. Cleo works there so I'm sure the girls will take them there but we could go to school after." Lewis said. Percy nodded and stood up. Jason followed him.

"Well. Don't just sit there. Let's go!" Percy said. Zane reluctantly got up and let Ash and Lewis out.

"Hey, Zane. We could use your car so we don't have to walk," Ash said. Zane groaned but agreed. The boys all got into Zane's sports car. Once they got to the marine park, Percy knew he was going to love it there. Roller coasters and sea animals? What could be better for the son of Poseidon? Jason looked over at Percy and saw his excitement.

"This place is practically designed for you," Jason whispered to Percy. He smiled at Jason. Then dragged all five of them to the dolphins.

Free us, lord. These humans throw things at us and make us do tricks. The dolphins said to Percy.

"What's wrong?" Jason asked him.

"The dolphins. They hate being locked up," Percy explained, ignoring the looks the other boys were giving him. "Let's go somewhere else."

After a few hours of riding roller coasters and staring at the helpless animals, Percy had enough. He wanted to see Annabeth. They hadn't been apart this long in ages. He actually considered Iris messaging her but he thought better of it. If she was in public that would raise some suspicion.

Jason noticed Percy's anxiousness and said, "How about we go to the school now." Percy silently thanked him. Just as they were about to leave the park, Percy sensed the monster. Jason must have sensed it too because he took off his bag which held his sword. They searched through the crowd but couldn't see anything.

"What are you guys looking for?" Zane asked suspiciously. Percy and Jason ignored the question and kept searching. Then Percy saw it. It was a man with two different colored eyes. Dr. Thorn. Percy nudged Jason and pointed at the disguised manticore. Jason looked confused but he must have realized Percy was telling the truth because he didn't question it. The two demigods took off running. They ran right past Dr. Thorn, hoping he would follow. Dr. Thorn took the bait and chased after them. The boys led him into an Employees Only gate so they would be away from all the people and near the water.

"Perseus Jackson. We meet again," Dr. Thorn snarled with his french accent.

"I thought I was done with you after the Titan War. I guess I was wrong," Percy snarled back.

"And Jason Grace. I don't think we've had the pleasure." Thunder boomed overhead. The water beside Percy started to churn.

"Enough talk, Thorn," Percy growled. Dr. Thorn started to change into his true form just as Zane, Lewis, and Ash walked in through the gates. They watched in horror as Dr. Thorn grew larger and his body turned into that of a huge lion. His face was still human but he had a leathery, spiky tail that whipped deadly thorns in all directions. Percy and Jason created a storm that was enough to knock down a whole neighborhood. The pool was forming huge waves, throwing water onto the concrete. Thank the gods the pool was empty. Jason struck Dr. Thorn with lightning that knocked him down as Percy advanced. The manticore was throwing his thorns at Percy but he easily dodged them. Thorn quickly stood up and smirked evilly at Percy. Percy stabbed and slashed with Riptide but Thorn parried with his thorns. Percy summoned a huge wave just as Jason struck the manticore with lightning again. Dr. Thorn was stunned long enough for Percy to bring Riptide down and the manticore burst into dust.

That was when Percy and Jason realized they had an audience.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" Zane yelled. Percy looked at Jason, who nodded. The son of Poseidon walked up to the three boys and snapped his fingers. It was louder than it should've been and an invisible force seemed to ripple out from Percy's fingers. The Mist.

"We are completely normal. Jason and I just got into a fight with some obnoxious man that cut in front of us in line. Nothing unusual," Percy said to the three of them. The boys nodded in agreement and Percy walked back to stand next to Jason. He was so glad Hazel had taught him how to do that. And, luckily, these boys were completely mortal and couldn't see through the Mist like the girls. Once the guys got out of the daze, they decided they could go to the school now.

The five boys got back into Zane's car and headed to school. In normal circumstances, Percy would've done everything possible to stay away from that place for as long as he could but at the moment he was still trying to get the images of those sad creatures out of his head. Plus, Percy didn't want to stay at the monster-infested park any longer. On the way, Percy couldn't help but wonder. Why are all of his old "friends" coming back now?

Sorry about not updating for a few days. I have been a little busy and I came up with a new story idea, which is now posted on my profile. What do you think of the manticore (Dr. Thorn)? I figured I would bring some of Percy's old enemies. I hope you liked this chapter and if you did, don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading!