Chapter 33 - It's Happening Again!

***NONE OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY BELONG TO ME. THEY ARE PROPERTY OF RICK RIORDAN AND JONATHAN M. SHIFF

Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Jason, Luke, Thalia, Cleo, Emma, and Rikki sat in the living room of the demigods' house, waiting for something, anything. They knew the war was starting but they were in no hurry to die. So they sat and waited to be attacked.

Emma's eyes suddenly got huge. "Guys! I just realized! There's a full moon tonight..." she trailed off. Suddenly there was frantic banging on the front door. Percy pulled out his sword and cautiously opened it.

Lewis burst into the room, looking like he just had gotten the greatest idea of his life, and it terrified him.

"It's happening again!" Lewis shouted. He shoved a book in Cleo, Emma, and Rikki's faces. "Guys! It's happening AGAIN!"

Cleo stood up and put her hand on his shoulders. "WHAT is happening again, Lewis?" Cleo questioned.

"All the planets are lining up again. It doesn't make any sense! It just happened! It isn't supposed to happen for another fifty years!" Lewis was hysterical. Cleo, Emma, and Rikki looked dumbstruck.

Annabeth looked puzzled. "What does this mean, Lewis?"

"It means..." Lewis paused to get a hold of himself. "If any one of you are in the moon pool during tonight's full moon, you can lose your powers for good." Everyone sat there in uneasy silence.

"That's what he wants," Annabeth broke the silence grimly. Everyone turned to look at her. "He wants to take away our powers."

Thalia frowned. "But..." she paused. "Why? It's not like we are trying to kill him or anything."

"We did kill his mother though..." Percy murmured.

"Do you think it has something to do with Gaea?" Piper asked.

Percy groaned. "Of course it does. I thought we were done with Queen Dirt-Face!"

Annabeth gave him a sympathetic look. "Me too, Seaweed Brain," she paused as realization dawned on her face. "Antaeus hates you because he is jealous Poseidon likes you more, right? And the mermaid blessing has to do with your dad. Maybe he's jealous of us too? It probably only gave him more motivation when we disgraced his mother." Everyone nodded.

Luke took a deep breath. "I think that's enough speculation for today. I'm going to bed."

Thalia frowned at him. "What's got your toga in a bunch?" Luke grunted and walked out of the room.

Annabeth started to get up. "I'll go talk to him-"

Thalia stopped her by putting a hand on her shoulder. "I got it." As Thalia walked up the stairs, the rest of them sat in the living room talking uneasily. Thalia barged into Luke's room, not even bothering to knock. He was sitting on his bed, staring out his window. Thalia sat beside him.

"I don't see my purpose," Luke said without turning to look at her. "Why? Why am I needed for this quest? I don't bring anything special. I'm just a kid of Hermes. I don't have a cool power and I'm not super smart. Just... why?"

Thalia frowned. "Luke, listen. I don't know why the fates decided to bring you back. But you're here now. So don't spend all of your time moping around and wondering about your self-worth. And you do to have a power! You can freaking stop time!"

Luke turned to look at her. "I wasn't even born with that power. It's evil!"

Thalia rolled her eyes. "Oh come on!" she got up off Luke's bed and started to walk out. Just as she was at the door she turned back. "When you're done with your pity-party and realize how awesome you are, come back downstairs. We're probably going to be up all night discussing strategy with Annabeth." And then she was gone.

I'm sorry I didn't update as planned but I've not really been in the mood to write lately. But I owe you this chapter so I got it out! For some reason, I'm finding it hard to get to the fighting but this chapter needed to be in there. I hope you like how I portrayed Thalia when she is trying to give him a comforting talk. She's kind of like my mother in this chapter (lol). But if you liked it, don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading!