Chapter 29 - Miranda

***NONE OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY BELONG TO ME. THEY ARE PROPERTY OF RICK RIORDAN AND JONATHAN M. SHIFF

"WHAT HAPPENED?" Mrs. Bandal screamed at the demigods. Piper started to explain when she was cut off by Hecate appearing right behind the principal. Hecate had a look on her face like, "Really?" The goddess snapped her fingers and the next thing they knew, everyone was back in lunch like nothing ever happened. The weird thing was, all of the buttons and the memory of Luke's fan club seemed to disappear. Even the demigods forgot about it. They all went off to Mythology as if nothing had happened.

"Today, brats, we will be learning about a personal favorite of mine. Tartarus," Ms. Brides smiled evilly and didn't seem to notice Percy turn pale or Annabeth start to shake. Piper put a reassuring hand on Annabeth's shoulder but it didn't have much effect.

"Does anyone know what that is?" Mrs. Brides looked around the classroom and her eyes landed on Percy and Annabeth. "None of the smarty-pants over there want to answer?" The teacher had a smug look on her face. She thought she had finally found a question they didn't know the answer to.

Annabeth raised a shaky hand. "T-Tartarus is the deepest part of the Underworld. It is where monsters go when they die as well as where they reform. The god Tartarus had the Giants with the earth mother, Gaea, as well as many other monsters. Tartarus is a horrible place and definitely should not be your favorite." The entire class was stunned. Ms. Brides looked confused and angry.

"I have never heard it explained like that. You make it sound as if it is real," the teacher managed to speak.

"It is," Annabeth said simply.

Ms. Brides just shook off the comment. "Well..." The teacher resumed her lesson and droned on for the next thirty minutes. Annabeth and Percy managed to make it through the entire class without having a panic attack and then they were off to History class.

"I have to go to the bathroom. I'll see you in the class," Annabeth quickly stated to Percy and ran off towards the bathroom.

"Hi, Percy," a girl said in a flirty tone. Percy turned his head to see Miranda, the school's "popular girl." She was wearing a slutty outfit and there was so much makeup caked onto her face that you could do three full faces of makeup with it.

"Hello, Miranda," Percy said, annoyed.

"Why don't you forget about your little girlfriend tonight and come over to my house," Miranda cooed. She leaned in and whispered in his ear, "My parents aren't home." Percy rolled his eyes and pushed her off of him. Without saying a word, Percy walked away from Miranda and into class. Annabeth, having seen all of this, pushed past Miranda to get into class. She "accidentally" left two wet handprints on the back of Miranda's shirt. As she walked to her own class, Miranda heard sneers throughout the hallway, completely unaware of the imprints on her back.

So this chapter is cheesy, over-done, and short. I am so very sorry but I'm kind of running low on ideas. I kind of smashed two stereotypical ideas into one chapter. I know you could go to literally any other PJO fanfic and read things like this but I apologize. But I wanted to tell you guys that I still won't be updating this weekend despite not having a tournament because it's the Fourth of July and I'm going camping! I will try to update as much as possible this week to make up for it. I promise to try to make the next chapters less cheesy! I just don't want to go into the war and then leave you guys hanging for the whole weekend. So if you liked this cheesy chapter then please vote! Thanks for reading!