Chapter 36 - Did I Say That Out Loud?

***NONE OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY BELONG TO ME. THEY ARE PROPERTY OF RICK RIORDAN AND JONATHAN M. SHIFF

Axel (oof not expecting that were u...? of course u were)

Axel used his limited powers over the water to carry himself and the annoying girl to the island. He walked up onto the shore and deep into the forest to find Master Antaeus.

"Ah, Axel! Hello, Buddy. Where is Beretta?" Antaeus boomed once he saw the cyclops. Axel frowned and pointed down.

Antaeus clenched his fists. "THOSE HATEFUL DEMIGODS! FIRST THEY KILL MY MOTHER AND NOW MY SISTER! THIS IS WHY-" He was cut off once he saw what Axel was holding. Cleo, now a mermaid, was limp in the monster's meaty hands.

"What do you have there, Axel?" Antaeus questioned.

Axel held out Cleo to Antaeus. "I got her, Master Antaeus! I got her! Beretta smelled her just before she... you know." Axel pointed down again.

"Excellent," Antaeus smiled evilly and took Cleo from Axel's hands. "I must say, I didn't expect you to prevail. Now those stupid little mortals will come to rescue her and will be playing right into my trap. You see, I have learned to bide my time. I will not be ignorantly challenged like the first time I met my disgrace for a brother." Axel whimpered.

"Not you, you blubbering idiot! Perseus Jackson," Antaeus said with absolute loathing. "I will destroy that puny demigod last of all, so he can watch all of his little friends die at my hands first." Antaeus made a fist.

Percy

"No! Cleo!" Emma screamed as they watched the cyclops carry her out to sea. Emma, Rikki, and Percy wanted to follow her out there but Annabeth held them back.

"We need a plan first!" she demanded.

"But, Wise Girl!" Percy pleaded.

"Don't 'Wise Girl' me! If we just follow her out there blindly we'll all get killed!"

Jason stepped forward. "She's right. Antaeus wants Annabeth. We found out that much."

"And he wouldn't hesitate to kill you, Percy," Piper chimed in.

Percy crossed his arms. "I guess you're right."
"Of course I am," Annabeth agreed. They didn't even talk for ten minutes before Percy, Thalia, and Rikki started getting antsy.

Rikki groaned. "Cleo is out there and we're standing here and doing nothing!"

Annabeth ignored her. "Antaeus is probably too big to get in through the shoot, right? So he probably set up camp on the island."
"I could fly over it and see if I can see him," Jason suggested. "Wouldn't take nearly as long as if we searched it on foot." Annabeth nodded.

"I can turn into an eagle too. And Hazel can use Arion," Frank suggested.

"I think Frank should go but Hazel, you stay here. A lightning-fast horse will definitely cause some attention. If they come back with nothing then you will be our last resort," Annabeth

"Do Iris Messages work if you're flying?" Percy asked absent-mindedly. "Do they fly with you or do you have to stop and hover?"

Jason pondered this. "I don't know, man. Never tried." Annabeth rolled her eyes and continued to talk with Piper, Hazel, Frank, and Emma.

"What if Jason doesn't find anything?" Thalia wondered. "Would we be too late?"

"That just means he's already in the moon pool. So we just go to the moon pool and BAM! Done," Percy smirked. Thalia, Rikki, Jason, and Percy burst out laughing.

"Guys! This is no time for jokes! Cleo is there, with all of those monsters that she's never faced before! We need to be serious!" Emma scolded. It was almost like charmspeak- they all shut up.

"Jason, Frank, make your rounds. If you find anything come back here and get everyone else. Don't be like Percy," Annabeth ordered. ("Hey!" Was all Percy could say.) Jason made the winds lift him up and he headed towards Mako, Frank (in eagle form) following close behind.

After a few minutes of waiting (that felt like hours to the ADHD demigods), Jason and Frank finally came back.

"I can't see anything. You would think an army of monsters wouldn't be hard to spot," he complained.

Hazel stepped forward and held up her hand. "I believe it is my turn," then she put her fingers to her lips and whistled. Not even seconds later a beautiful caramel-colored horse appeared next to her. Hazel mounted him.

"Hey, Arion. Can you get me to that island out there? We need to look around," Hazel asked the horse. Arion whinnied in response.

Percy whistled. "Man! Gets me every time! He still cusses like a sailor," he shook his head. "He said, of course, he can. But wants to know what you're looking for."

"Any sign of monster encampment," Hazel told the horse. Arion whinnied again and burst off toward the water. Seconds later they were just a dot in the horizon before disappearing completely. Emma and Rikki watched with open mouths.

"How-" Emma started.

Frank cut in. "Fastest being on land. Hazel got him 'cuz she's the greatest female warrior according to the prophecy," he paused and got a giddy look on his face. "Man, I love my girlfriend." Frank's eyes widened as he realized what he said. ("Did I say that out loud?" Frank muttered.)

By the time Hazel got back, it was already dark. She looked worried.

"It's bad. There are a lot. I think you couldn't see them because they were under a bunch of trees. But I heard a couple of them talking and they said they wished they could watch the sacrifice. Meaning it's happening right now! We HAVE to go!"

I'm sorry if there are some mistakes in this because I had to write it on my phone and I'm used to my computer. But I got another chapter out! Yay! *cringe* I'm SOOO CLOSE to finishing! Now THAT deserves a yay! Thanks to LarryDrarrySolangelo for helping me sort out my ideas! Sooo I hope you like this chapter and if you did, don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading!