EXCITEMENT:

I can't sleep, but this isn't like last night

Last night I was worried about the event, having doubts.

But tonight is different, I'm so pumped, I'm so excited.

I'm so happy for Ayu and her victory for Nijigasaki. I know I've congratulated her thousands of times tonight, but one more couldn't hurt... Right?

Where's my phone?

--------------------------------------

AKI: You're probably tired of hearing this from me, but I truly mean it when I say that I'm so proud of you. Congratulations for today Ayu.

AYUMU: Awww, I could never get tired from you congratulating me!

AKI: That's a relief, because our next step is preparing for the festival.

AYUMU: And we have a lot of time to do it!

AKI: We do?

AYUMU: Did you forget? Summer Vacation begins in two weeks.

AKI: Right, I'm prepared to make every moment count for our team. I guess I've gotten so wrapped up in idol business that I forgot all about it!

AYUMU: You work so hard Aki, there really is nobody else that I would rather call my best friend.

AKI: I feel so lucky to be called that.

AYUMU: About my song... 'Yume e no ippo' I called it.

AKI: It was a beautiful song, a song about someone you love always being there for you.

AYUMU: Right!

AKI: I'm sure that your mother really appreciated the lyrics. She's always there for you and you must love her so much.

AYUMU: ...

AKI: Wait was it not about your mother? What about your Dad?

AYUMU: Y-Yeah... That song was made for my mother... yeah... that's it... yeah... not for anyone else.

AKI: I got it! I knew you loved her so much, see as your best friend I know most things about you.

AYUMU: Best friend... Yeah. You must know everything.

AKI: See? Well, I should let you sleep. You deserve a great night's sleep after today Ayu. Goodnight.

AYUMU: Night.

--------------------------------------

Night?

Just...night?

Not goodnight?

It's okay, she's probably tired. She did have to train and perform twice today after all, with a full day of school before it.

The poor girl must be exhausted and I must have woke her up.

*DING*

Hey! Shiro just texted me to say that he loved the show today, and that Ayu is his favorite idol!

That's pretty cool! Hard to believe that I've only just befriended him today. It was great talking over text with him about school idols while I was waiting for the call from backstage.

I'm just so excited for the school idol festival! To see my beloved Nijigasaki perform on the same stage as μ's and Aqours.

Even so... Just performing on the main stage isn't the ultimate goal.

Our ultimatum is to win the whole thing!

Could you imagine if something like that happened?

μ's and Aqours are regarded as the two best school idol groups in the entire country, maybe the entire world even!

Aqours ranked at #2

With μ's ranked at #1

Both groups are winners of the Love Live tournament. But two things have remained consistant throughout the school idol world.

Aqours won Love Live on their first try, something that hasn't been done since A-RISE won the very first event.

μ's were forced to withdraw from the first Love Live Tournament, due to medical reasons. However, they did not taste defeat. And then went on to win the second ever event.

μ's chose to retire from the Love Live events after their victory and have only competed in School Idol Festivals ever since.

And NOBODY has ever handed them a defeat. Nobody has ever beaten μ's... Not A-RISE, not Aqours... Nobody.

Which makes winning the School Idol Festival all the more precious. To be the first to hand μ's defeat.

We're not the only ones who want to do that I imagine, because after Aqours habe lost to them, they will be giving everything they've got to ensure that they're the first to best them.

Currently we qualified for the festival, yes... But Kasumi was right, we need some kind of strategy to defeat both μ's and Aqours at the festival.

Two groups that are unreachable. But what exactly makes them so special? What made their performance give me that feeling?

How do they do it?

What is their secret?

If only I could just ask them myself.

...

THAT'S IT!

I'VE FOUND MY SOLUTION!

Summer vacation is coming up, that gives me a lot of free time. Enough to go travelling...

To Numazu.