Commander Meets the Destroyers!

So this story is to primarily make fun chapters about the day to day life at the base. Although there will be chapters that deal with serious topics that relate to something that happened in Naval Tactician, I'll mention those chapters in the author's note in the main story.

Cobalt was walking around the the base as it was one of the few days they get each week. Cobalt spotted Atago and Takao sitting on one of the benches by the fountain in the main plaza. "Oh Commander it's so nice to see you." Atago said as she gave Cobalt a sultry smile. "It's nice to see you as well Atago, what brought you and Takao to the fountain." Cobalt asked the ship girls with curiosity present in his voice. "We are here to make sure the children don't get into to much trouble." Takao explained as Cobalt gave them a confused look at the mention of children.
                "Hurry, hurry they're serving Takoyaki in the cafeteria today." An excited voice as four children ran around the fountain. "Wait for me!" The girl who was lagging behind the other three girls cried as she tripped and smacked her face into Cobalt's leg. Cobalt looked down at the girl who had just slammed her face into his leg.

The little girl looked up after she recovered from her fall and immediately got scared at the sight of Cobalt standing over her

The little girl looked up after she recovered from her fall and immediately got scared at the sight of Cobalt standing over her. "I-I-I'm sorry, p-p-please don't hurt me!" The little girl whimpered as she tried her best not to cry. Cobalt crouched down as he gently petted the girl's head. "It's okay, things like this tend to happen." Cobalt said in a calm voice as he tried to calm the little girl down. "Please don't hurt Uzuki, she didn't mean to do it! Here take some of my candy as an apology." Another voice said as Cobalt turned to see another little girl with brown hair approach him with lollipops in her hands.

" Another voice said as Cobalt turned to see another little girl with brown hair approach him with lollipops in her hands

           "It's okay, your friend tripped and fell, I'm more concerned with her safety." Cobalt said to the other little girl as he patted her on the head with his free hand. "If you refuse to peacefully accept Mutsuki's offering, then I'll be forced to fight you!" Another voice said as another little girl approached him.

 "If you refuse to peacefully accept Mutsuki's offering, then I'll be forced to fight you!" Another voice said as another little girl approached him

Cobalt was trying to think of a way to deescalate the situation before it got out of hand. "Mikazuki, the Commander isn't mad with Uzuki. He's just wants to make sure she's alright." Atago said as he approached the little girls with Takao. "That's right, I just wanna make sure your friend is okay." Cobalt said as he gently picked Uzuki up before sitting her on the edge of the fountain. Cobalt noticed that Uzuki had a scrape on her knee from the fall she took earlier. Cobalt pulled out a box of band aids before taking one out and gently placing it over the scrape on Uzuki's leg before standing up.
Uzuki looked down at her leg before looking back at the band aid on her leg. "Thank you Commander." Uzuki said as she raised her arms towards Cobalt. Cobalt picked Uzuki up before turning to face the rest of the group, only to spot another girl hiding behind Takao's leg.

 Cobalt picked Uzuki up before turning to face the rest of the group, only to spot another girl hiding behind Takao's leg

"It's okay Kisaragi, go introduce yourself to the Commander." Takao said in an encouraging tone as she gently nudged the little destroyer girl. "H-H-Hello Commander, please don't eat me." Kisaragi said in a scared tone as she quivered in fear. Cobalt walked up to Kisaragi before gently petting her head. "It's nice to meet you Kisaragi." Cobalt said as Kisaragi seemed to calm down.
             With introductions out of the way, Cobalt, Atago, and Takao decides to head to the cafeteria with the destroyer girls. After getting their food they all sat down at the table together. Cobalt spent most of the time making sure that the destroyer girl weren't fighting or causing trouble amongst themselves. "I didn't know you were so good with children Commander." Atago said as she winked at him with a sultry smile. Cobalt blushed at Atago's smile before quickly composing himself once again. "Atago it's nothing special, children are just easy to converse with." Cobalt said absentmindedly as he wiped Mutsuki's face clean of food.
"Papa can you walk us back to the the dormitory?" Mutsuki asked as Cobalt was taken aback by what she called him. "Mutsuki why did you call the Commander papa?" Takao asked as she waited for the little girl to answer. "Commander is really nice and he takes care of us, so he's papa!" Mikazuki responded as Cobalt felt his face heat up slightly. "Oh how cute! Commander you really do make everyone happy!" Atago said as she giggled at Cobalt's embarrassment. "Commander is it okay if we call you that?" Uzuki said as she gave Cobalt a nervous look.
Cobalt gave Uzuki a pat on the head before picking her up and leading the girls back to the Sakura Dorm. Once they made it back to the dorm, they were stopped by Akagi and Kaga. "Commander did you come all this way to see me?" Akagi said in a flirty tone. "Papa was walking us home!" Mutsuki said happily as she smiled at Akagi. Akagi crouched down and patted Mutsuki on the head. "Your also good with kids Commander? You'll definitely make a woman very happy someday!" Akagi said as she gave Cobalt another sultry look. Cobalt set Uzuki down before all of the girls ran back into the dormitory.
                "I'm surprised they see you as their father Commander, usually they're very shy." Kaga said as she gave Cobalt a surprised look. "They decided that, I had no say in the matter." Cobalt said as Kaga gave him a comforting pat on the back. "I think it shows how good of a person our dear Commander is! After all children are good judges of character." Akagi said as stroked Cobalt's cheek. Cobalt took a step back before calming himself down. "W-Well I best get back to my Office before Enterprise comes and hunts me down." Cobalt said as he quickly took his leave.
"Commander you truly are a wonderful man. Akagi will take care of you, but first I must take care of an eyesore." Akagi thought you herself as her thoughts drifted to Deutschland. Kaga watched her sister as she couldn't help but feel like something bad was going to happen in the coming days. Kaga followed her sister back into the dormitory as she tried to shake those negative thoughts out of her head. Kaga was just hoping that Akagi didn't cause a scene at the Tea Party that the Royal Navy is holding for everyone next weekend.
Cobalt sat at his desk in his office as he finished up the small amount of paperwork he still had to do. "Commander are you okay? You've been pretty quiet." Enterprise asked as she gave Cobalt a concerned look. "I'm fine Enterprise, just had an interesting day is all." Cobalt said as he tried to wave off her concern. Enterprise decided not to press for details and take the Commander's answer. "Master sorry to interrupt, but I heard from Lady Atago how the destroyer children have taken a liking to you." Belfast said as she brought tea for Cobalt and Enterprise. Enterprise looked over at the Commander, only to find his head face down on his desk. Just an ordinary day at the Azur Lane Naval Base.

So this was just a simple chapter to give a guys an idea of what kind of content this story will have. This won't be updated as often as Naval Tactician given that this is a side story to that story. I'll probably do one or two more chapters that are fun, before diving into the important Akagi chapter. Also if you guys would like to request a chapter idea, please leave in the comments of the most recent chapter of this story! All you have to do to make a request is list the girls you want it to focus around and give the scenario you wanna see happen. With that out of the way I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Azur Lane: Port Life!