Training with Takao and Zuikaku!

Now this chapter was requested by duykhang0045 the focus of this chapter is Takao and Zuikaku and their dedication to constantly improving their fighting abilities! Although how will they react to Cobalt and the training he undergoes to maintain his skills?

Takao and Zuikaku stood opposite to each other as they were on a hilltop overlooking the beach. The two Sakura Empire ships had wooden practice katanas in their hands as they both lunged at each other. The two ship girls clashed their wooden swords together as they continued to cancel out their blows. Takao and Zuikaku continued to trade blows for about half an hour before finally deciding to take a break to recover their stamina. "Your getting stronger Zuikaku, but you're still leaving openings." Takao said to the Aircraft Carrier as she handed her a water.
"Don't think you'll keep beating me for long Takao! I'll not only defeat you, but take down the Grey Ghost as well!" Zuikaku said with determination present in her voice as she looked out over the ocean. "Zuikaku, Enterprise is our ally, why are you still obsessed with beating her?" Takao asked the other girl with a curious look present in her eyes. "I know, but she's so strong! I wanna prove that I can be strong to!" Zuikaku said with resolve present in every word she spoke. Takao couldn't help but let a smile spread across her face as she admired Zuikaku's determination.
The quiet was interrupted by the sound of stone breaking. Takao and Zuikaku both spring to their feet as they followed the load breaking sounds down the hill. "Where did that come from?" Zuikaku asked as she looked around for the source of the loud noise. Takao noticed that the trees started to shake as the sound was heard again. "Zuikaku get your sword ready, there's something in the forest." Takao said as she and Zuikaku drew their actual swords and slowly entered the forest, ready to fight whatever was making that noise. The two eventually came to a clearing in the trees where they found a large boulder sitting in the center of it.
"Hey Takao, look that Boulder has chunks taken out of it." Zuikaku said as pointed to multiple areas of the Boulder were taken out by what appeared to be a blade of some kind. "What kind of sword could cut into a Boulder like this?" Takao said to herself before the Boulder had another large piece taken out of it. The chunk started falling towards the two ship girls as they braced for impact. Although a blur ran in front of them before cutting the chunk into pebbles that fell around them. "Takao, Zuikaku, what are you two doing here?" Cobalt asked as he turned to the two ship girls.
              "Commander we heard loud noises coming from the forest, we thought the base might be in danger." Takao explained as she still seemed to be on high alert for an incoming threat. "Oh, sorry to raise concern I was just doing a little training." Cobalt said as he scratched the back of his head. "Wait, Commander you were the one that did all this damage to that Boulder?!" Zuikaku said in surprise as she looked at the damaged rock with amazement. "Yeah, there aren't many places on the base I can train without causing large amounts of damage." Cobalt said as he cracked his neck to the side.
"Could you show us how it works Commander?" Takao asked as Cobalt turned to look at Takao. "Show how what works exactly?" Cobalt asked as he gave Takao a confused look. "How Life Energy works! After you explained it to us when you visited our dorm we both have been wondering how it works!" Zuikaku said as Cobalt noticed her eyes had a sparkle in them as she smiled at Cobalt. "Well I suppose I could show you a more advanced technique, but I'll have to ask you both to stand back." Cobalt said as Takao and Zuikaku stepped back as Cobalt prepared himself.
Cobalt jumped high into the air as he stuck his leg out and aimed it at the rock. Cobalt began to spin at high speeds as his body was surrounded by a drill shaped hurricane that drilled into the rock. The Boulder exploded into pebbles as Takao and Zuikaku watched in amazement at what the Commander just performed. Cobalt landed on the ground as he looked back at the now completely destroyed Boulder. "That was the Hurricane Kick, it involves surrounding myself in razor sharp winds." Cobalt explained as he walked up to Takao and Zuikaku to continue explaining.
"Could you teach us how to do that Commander?!" Zuikaku said with excitement as waited for Cobalt to answer. "Power, Defense, and Agility Life Energy are difficult to master. Perception Life Energy on the other hand is fairly simple to get a handle on." Cobalt said as Takao and Zuikaku nodded in understanding. "Okay to start close your eyes and focus on the energy flowing through your body." Cobalt said as the two girls closed their eyes as they tried to focus on the energy Cobalt mentioned. "Commander, what exactly are we supposed to feel?" Takao asked as she seemed to struggle with the simple instructions given to her.
"Takao think of it like meditation, only on a more physical level, put all your focus into every muscle of your body." Cobalt said as Takao once again refocused. "I think I've got it Commander!" Zuikaku said excitedly as a smile spread across her face. Alright then open your eyes and tell me how many birds do you see?" Cobalt asked as Takao looked confused while Zuikaku focused. "What birds Commander?" Takao asked as Cobalt held his hand up to stop her from speaking. "There are six birds, a two adult birds and four babies." Zuikaku said as she looked at the Commander for confirmation.
"Correct Zuikaku! Now Takao why don't you give it another go?" Cobalt said as Takao once again closed her eyes. Takao opened her eyes again and to her surprise her eyes were almost like the zoom lens of a camera. She could see deep into the forest and just like Zuikaku said there was a family of birds in a tree. "It's not the most intricate use of Life Energy, but if you keep at it you should have a much higher sense of your surroundings." Cobalt said as he began to make his way out of the forest. Takao and Zuikaku both followed the Commander as they thought about what else he was capable of with Life Energy.

So the Commander gave Takao and Zuikaku a small lesson in Life Energy! I have one more request to do before I start the all important Akagi chapter, so look forward to that. As always I'd love to hear what you guys thought of this chapter! What misadventures will our favorite Commander and Ship Girls get up to next time? Find out in the next chapter of Azur Lane: Port Life!