Prologue

"No Sing, I really need to study. This is a major exam and I have auditions later this afternoon! I have no other time to read my books. Can you just go without me?"

Gun was in his university's library. Laid before him were his books and printouts for his major exam which will happen three weeks from now. Normally, he would start to drain himself a week before the exams but he had multiple scheduled meetings and auditions for the upcoming days. He wanted to be a celebrity yet he doesn't want to fail his responsibilities as a student either.

"C'mon Gun! Everybody's out in the field enjoying the University Days and you're right here with your books? Such a nerd," Lee said as he crossed his legs and checked out the books that Gun was trying to read.

"Guys, didn't you hear what I said? I said I have an audition this afternoon and in the upcoming days! You know that I'm not smart. I need to study in order to pass!"

"Skip your study day for now, even just for today, please? We promise we won't bother you anymore if you come and have fun with us today. Pleaseeeee," Sing shook Gun's small body, his voice soft and pleading.

"Hey! Didn't you know that this is a library? If you wanna talk, go out." The student that was assigned in the library got irritated with all their whining and talking. "If you don't, lower your voices!"

"Shut up, it's as if there is someone in the library!" Lee said and the working student's eyes widened, surprised that a freshman talked back at her.

It was true though- the library was empty and the only ones in there were either library staff or some teachers who wanted to take a break or were doing some research for their lessons when normal classes start after the University Days.

"What did you say, Nong? Give me your ID and I'll report you to the student's discipline office. Come here, give it to me!" The older student stood up and hastily walked to their table.

"Oh my God, not the discipline office. Let's go guys!" Sing murmured under his breath.

Gun, Lee and Sing weren't scared of the working student but they were scared of the discipline office. They heard that there was a student who was ordered to clean and sweep the whole university for one week just as a punishment for his misbehaviour. They quickly packed up, helping Gun pick up and carry his books, before dashing away.

"Where are you going? Come back here you little shits!"

"Not today, P'!" Lee said before making a turn to their left, hesitantly looking behind and realizing that the older female can't run after them since she was in her high heels.

They stopped when they knew they were a safe distance from the library. They panted and Gun's back collapsed on the wall.

"You really gotta control your mouth, Lee. It gets us in trouble all the time, even back when we were in High School!" Gun said as he put his hand in his chest, trying to steady his fast heart rate.

"She deserves it. I never liked her since our orientation," Lee answered and laughed.

Lee has always been the black sheep of their trio, always getting them in trouble but he has always been the defender of them too. He was handsome in a very manly way and he was a bit bulky after spending hours in the gym last summer so anyone who messes with Sing and Gun, who had small figures and were easy targets for bullies, messes with him.

"Do you guys have water? Fuck, I'm about to die from all that running," Sing said as he collapsed on the floor.

Gun checked his backpack, searching for a water bottle that he had bought early that morning. He was sure it was untouched yet he couldn't find it in his bag. "I think I left it in the library."