Chapter 18

"The press...there are a lot of them outside. They're huddling right by the entrance and exit of the studio. I don't even know how they got here so fast. You literally just announced that you're dating Gun a minute ago and now they're all here."

"It's okay, Tay," Off said. "We'll find a way."

"We will," Mook agreed. "We need to get both of you to safety before these presses hover on you. God knows what they are willing to do just to get their own juice of the story."

"Joon," Gun breathed. "P'Joon must have something to do with this. He knows...He knows something."

"It doesn't matter right now who did this, Gun," Mook said. "We need to prioritize your safety first. Right now, we need to sneak both of you out of this building."

There was an undeniable tension in the air. After Off dropped the bomb, there was pure silence. And then chaos. Joon bombarded them with questions but Off grabbed Gun, waiid at everyone and walked away. Jack, along with Off and Gun's security, ran to help them escape to safety.

Gun found himself gasping for air as Mook and Tay joined them in one of the hallways of the studio. Tay was looking out, keeping track of the chaos outside, while Mook was calling somebody on her phone. Probably asking for help.

A few minutes later, Jack and the other securities arrived. Gun remembered that Mook asked them to look for a safe exit.

"We found one," Jack said. "It goes straight to the parking lot. The rest of my men are already in there, waiting, in case the press comes."

"Off and Gun will ride with you, Jack," Mook said. "Tay and I will settle things in here."

"We will?" Tay gasped. Mook gave him a warning look. "Oh right, right. I am a manager. Okay, okay."

"We will talk to the press while you escape. Jack, please take care of them."

"I will," Jack said firmly and gestured for the actor and the prince to follow him. "Let's go, Sir Off and Sir Gun."

Gun nodded thankfully to Mook and Tay. As of this moment, they weren't just their managers. They were his best friends, the people he could trust in these trying times.

They successfully sneaked out and Gun was only able to breath when he was inside the car. Jack didn't waste a second and drove away immediately. As soon as they left the parking lot, a wave of press suddenly arrived. Jack tried his very best to dodge them and Gun was impressed with his patience and driving skills.

Behind him, he can see other cars following them. He figured it was Off's security guards since he didn't have that many people to protect him.

"Are you okay? You're shaking."

Gun didn't even notice but as he stared at his hands, he was indeed trembling. He saw Off reach out for his hand and gripped him tight. Suddenly, warmth and assurance spread throughout his body. His breathing steadied. He managed a small, weak smile and he could see a faint smile on Off too.

When they arrived at his condominium, Jack talked with the security guards of the building. The rest of them followed Off and Gun to his room.

"Jack, thank you for tonight," Gun said. "You may go. You deserve some rest."

"Sir Gun, Mook ordered me to stay here tonight in case someone tries to break in. The press is very unpredictable."

"But where will you sleep?"

"We won't. Not for tonight, at least. We are prioritizing your safety, Sir Gun. And Sir Off's too. I have come to an agreement with his men to stay behind too. We'll be right outside your room. If you need help, we'll be right here."