Chapter 20

Off flinched and gasped as he felt Gun's tiny hand hit his face. "Ow! What was that for?"

Gun growled at him and he definitely looked cute rather than scary but Off didn't want another slap so he zipped his mouth instead. Gun's face morphed into something softer until he began to sob lightly and crashed his little frame against Off's chest.

"Where have you been?" Gun cried. "I was worried! You never read my texts. You never called me and I was scared to call you! I didn't know what you're doing or if you're fine!"

Off wrapped his arms around Gun. He felt better than he did days before. This was exactly what he needed- the warmth of his boyfriend's body. He ran his hands up and down on Gun's back, trying to pacify the actor.

"I'm sorry," Off said in a soft voice and kissed Gun's head. "But I can explain, I promise. It's been crazy lately."

"I know."

They stayed like that for a while. They swayed unconsciously to the invisible rhythm that Off was humming. The guards kept their distance and respected their privacy, their backs turned from the couple who was trying to make up for the time they spent apart. The moon was shining brightly as if it was lighting up the past dark days that the actor and the prince had.

With his arms still wrapped around Off's waist, Gun looked up and said, "Do you want go back to my room?"

"Baby, I know you miss me and I miss having sex with you too but-"

"Off!"

Off chuckled. "We've never been out on a proper date ever since you and I became official, Gun. And I'm guessing that we can't go out because of our current situation. So instead of going out, I'm bringing the date in."

"What?"

Off just gestured towards his best friends who popped out of nowhere. They were grinning as they showed a basket full of food. Arm laid out a big thick cloth on the ground.

"Your majesty," They bowed to Off and the prince laughed.

"Thank you, guys," Off said.

"Anything for you," Arm said. "Enjoy the night."

"And if you want to, you know, don't do it here because-"

"Tay!"

"Alright, jeez!" Tay said in surrender. They walked away as they threw winks on Off and Gun. The couple just giggled.

"You planned this?" Gun said as he sat on the ground. His hands quickly explored the food inside the basket. One by one, he took out the food inside. It wasn't much, just a bunch of convenience store foods and chips. But it's the thought that counts. Besides, having Off beside him makes everything better, even microwave heated packed foods and canned sodas.

"Yes, along with Tay and Arm."

Gun remembered he didn't have anything for dinner yet, and he could feel his stomach rumbling so he opened the very first food his hands could get. Luckily, it was a triple layered strawberry sandwich with thick cream filling inside.

"Wow, this tastes great," He said after he took his first bite.

Off ignored Gun's comment about the food. "Gun, I'm sorry. I haven't contacted you because...well, the moment I stepped inside the mansion, my phone and laptop were surrendered to my father. I feel like twelve years old again."

As Gun slowly munched on his sandwich, he listened as Off explained his temporary disappearance. According to the prince, he's been taking up classes in line with his throne and has been focusing on learning etiquettes on how to be the king.