Chapter 22

Off's blood was boiling as he walked back to his car. His day was pretty fucked up already even before Gun made him leave. He hit his steering wheel as flashes of the earlier events began to come back to him.

***

He didn't have any securities with him. After confronting Lai, he went back to the venue and saw that the press were still hovering on his father. His anger for him was still there. It wasn't enough that he locked him up inside the mansion. He also needed to tell everyone that Off was getting married. But Off wasn't heartless. It was still his father and he has been in that position a lot of times- being the center of attention of the press.

He saw most of their men trying to stop the commotion of the press. He gestured to the rest of the security to guide his father safely to the limousine. It was a hard task since the press seemed so hungry for the details of the issue and didn't want to be stopped. After what seemed like forever, both his parents were inside the limousine safely. Off wanted to see Gun right away. He figured that the actor already knew about the chaos Lai made but he also needed to make sure that his parents were okay.

He can see his father gasping for air. Aranya helped him unbutton his shirt in order to help him breathe. Off tried to help too but the king pushed him away. Off just sat there as he watched his father shaking.

"Father, are you alright?" he asked.

King Ryan didn't answer. His wife comforted him and Off just watched both of them like that until they arrived safely in their mansion. Of course, as expected, another set of press were waiting outside their mansion but the royal guards helped them pass through their own gates without letting any press enter their place.

Off followed his parents as guards helped his father to walk to the room. He was getting old and the sudden hovering of the press startled him. The family doctor came immediately and checked his father.

"He's alright, maybe just overwhelmed," The doctor said. "Let him rest and prepare something light for him to eat. Other than that, he's okay."

They thanked him and Aranya politely accompanied the doctor out of their mansion. Off was left alone with his father. After a few moments of awkward silence, Off chose to speak.

"How are you feeling, father?"

"Not alright," He said in a dangerously calm voice. "Not until you stop sneaking out and seeing that...that guy. Not until you agreed to marry Lai.

"Father, please," he pleaded. "I don't want to argue with you right now. You're in a bad condition. You might-"

"If you truly care for how I feel, why would you not obey me?" His father questioned. "It is just a simple thing to do, Jumpol. Be more responsible, marry Lai, and be king. That's it."

"It's not that simple, father," He defied.

"Which part of it isn't?"

"Everything!" he said. "Father, I am trying, believe me. I am trying to be a better person so I can be a good king like you someday. I look up to you so much, father, just like how our people look up to you. I'm attending royal classes and reading books more than I ever had in my entire life. I tried to obey you even if you tried to lock me up inside the palace. But father, when will you understand that I can't marry someone I do not love?"

"And when will you understand that you were born a prince first before you loved that guy!?" King Ryan countered. "You have a duty to your country, Jumpol. You can't run away from those!"

"I am not running away!" He said. "Father, please, I am getting tired of arguing with you."

"So am I," his father confessed. "But until you fulfill my wishes, this argument will never end."