Chapter 5...

CHAPTER FIVE

Today had gone past in a blur. Though, there were some really awkward moments, it all turned out nice. I don't know why but the fact that he called me Angel  touched a nerve.

No, not like touched a nerve but it sounded quite familiar though it was a bit foreign to my ears. I just don't know how to describe it myself. 

There was a soft knock on the room door alarming me, putting the chemistry books on the side, the room door cracked open.

"Hey".

surprisingly it was my dad. "Oh hi", I didn't know what say or address him in person.

"How was school so far"? He stood at the entrance with his hand on the door knob.  "It was okay", I answered with a warm smile. I hate holding grudges on people. I'm pretty sure he had a good reason for why him and mom got divorced.

Should I give him a second chance to be a father to me because that was what mom and my grandparents would want. But, do I want too?

"Umm I want to say thankyou for all that you have done for me and the twins though they both aren't your children whereas I am". I said it all in one breath.

Am I really doing it? Am I gonna accept him as my father.

One step at a time. I reminded myself.

"Ohh", there was a shocked look on his face. I wouldn't blame him because I'm sure he wasn't expecting me to be thanking him anytime soon.

"Your welcome and of course, I would do anything for you and plus the twins though they aren't mine". When he smiled warmly, his face wrinkled around his eyes and his forehead.  "Okay I'll  leave you be, goodnight and get some rest". With that he exited the room shutting the door behind.

Finishing up the last load of homework, it was already half ten. Packing everything back into my bookbag, I stood up and left the room to go check on the twins. Walking into Reece's room first, he was already asleep snoring his ass of. I placed a light kiss on his forehead pulling the the duvets up to his shoulders.

Entering Sky's room, she was also asleep but all sprawled out on her pink bed. Man I  tell you, she is rough in her sleep. Chuckling  at her softly, I leaned down placing a soft kiss on her forehead before drapping her duvet over her body.

Closing her room door behind me, my stomach cried out in agony. Giving into its demand I walked down the stairs and straight to the kitchen in search of chocolate bar to eat.

I paused in my tracks as Annie was also in the kitchen with a chocolate bar in her hand. "Didn't sleep yet"? She furrowed her eyebrows.  "Yeah, technically I'm hungry again ". I scoffed gabbing a bar in the the pantry.

"Same thing here", Annie smiled. Seeing her again, I remembered someone. I badly wanted to ask but I was afraid she would assume things about me.

"That face shows that you wanna ask me something, so go one". She urged, I was confused when she called me out. "How did... nevermind. It's about that Tristan dude". I whispered nervously. His name kinda makes me uneasy.

"Oh, what about him"? Her tone grew suspicious whilst my hands were trembling under her gaze. "Oh nevermind, I forgot what I was about to say. Goodnight though". I escaped before she got too suspicious.