Chapter 25

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

I didn't need to turn around when I knew who was behind me. His voice and scent filled the air around me.

"I'm not gonna jump of Tris". I mumbled as I shut my eyelids tryna sooth down my racing heart.

"Why are you at the edge then". His voice was really steady. I let out a chuckle as I sat down with my legs floating on plain naked air.

"I don't know". I said truthfully. "Why are you up here?" I asked instead.

"No never mind. You don't have to answer that". I chuckled again as I whipped the tears away. "Can I ask for a favour".

I felt his presence beside me as I continued to stare at the busy traffic just down below. With people walking on the pavement looking so happy.

"Could you watch the twins for now and stay with them. When I'm done up here, I'll come down". I muttered lowly.

"Is that what you want". He asks with a sigh. "Yeah". I mumble looking at him with my tear stained face.

"Okay but just so you know, what Annie said in there -"

"No don't. It's all true anyway. Everything she said is all true and there is nothing you could do to change that". I laughed looking back at the view.

"Just don't do anything drastic up here okay". He places his hand under my chin as he twists my head towards him.

"Pinky promise". I hold out my pinky infront of his face. He looks at me before my hand.

"Pinky promise". He puts his pinky in mine for a couple of seconds before we both pulled back.

"Go now". I push his chest away. I watch as he looks at me before placing a kiss on my cheek and left like he promised.

When I knew he was completely gone, I couldn't hold it in anymore as the tears came running down again. It really wouldn't hurt this much if hearing someone say all these things to me straight up.

But coming from my very own sister, it really hurts so much. Her words were like a sharp knife cutting through my flash. My head head was so foggy as I continued to stare at the cars zooming past.

I don't know how long I've been up here as I shifted slightly on the cement. I could feel the sweat pool on my forehead as it tracked down the side of my face.

Bringing my hand up, I used the palm of my hand to whip it away but I went completely frozen when I saw a bee.

My heart hammered against my chest as I held in my breath. I'm pretty sure you all are at least afraid of something this tiny that will do you harm but not kill you, right.

As for myself, I'm very much afraid of bees. It continued to buzz around infront of my face till it came much closer to my eyes as I screamed in terror.

Before I could even realise where I was, I tried to protect my self by moving around alot and next second I know, I'm  on the edge as I miss my calculations and shut my eyelids with a scream as my whole body move forward.