Chapter 24

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

My head was thrown back against the white walls of the hospital as we all waited impatiently. We've been sitting out here for the past hour with every minute counting, the nervousness continuous to eat me up.

If anything happens to them, it'll all be my fault. The sound of the door opening snapped all our heads in the direction as Andrew was the first up as he stood infront of the Doctor who was holding a clipboard in his hand.

"Are you all relatives of Mary". He asks. Mary is the name of the our maid we rushed here also. "No but she works for our family". Andrew says.

"I see, well I'm sorry to say but we couldn't save her. She was dead on arrival".

My insides swell as I heave a breath. I felt the walls squeeze the oxygen outta me as the ache in my head had begun to take its peck.

"What about Luke and Adrian? What's their conditions like?" Andrew ask with an unrecognised expression.

"Your were lucky you brought them in early. Adrian had suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury. His currently unconscious. As for Luke, he suffered a fracture discoloration on his spinal cord and would be admitted on a wheelchair. He might either take a month or two to heal". He looks at us with a sigh.

Though, I felt like he wasn't telling us everything.

He looked at us under his glasses sceptically. "So the investigators are gonna be here".

Obviously, I knew this was bound to happen sooner than later.

"Okay I'm gonna be serious here. What actually happened? All three victims had a bullet wound".

I held in my breath whilst the ache in my head climaxed.

Before I could let the words out of my mouth, shouts around me were all I heard before I completely black out.

~

The beeping sound of the monitors woke me up as I quickly flushed my eyelids open in shock with a gasp escaping my dry parted lips.

"Hey, come down".

Snapping my head to the right, I saw Annie sitting on a plastic chair with my hand in her grip as she rubbed soothing circles on them.

Nodding, I looked at the glass of water as she already took the glass and brought it closer to my mouth. A sigh left my lips when I drank the contents.

"What happened?" I shifted my gaze back to her.

"It turns out you were stressed". She avoided my eyes. Uhh...Okay so technically, that's not all.

The door clicked open as Andrew walked in with the same Doctor. "How long was I out?" I asked. Behind her sleeping on the cushions were the twins and.... Tristan..

"You were out the entire night". The Doctor announced as he moved closer to my bed with Andrew.

"I called dad last night.. He took the first  flight out early in the morning and arrived ten minutes ago. He called and said his on his way here". Andrew says with a small smile.