Chapter 7...

CHAPTER  SEVEN

Soon as I  sat myself in the jeep, a weird feeling came over me. It wasn't like the first time I sat in this same seat, something was off though everything looked fine. When Tristan had brought the jeep to life, he waisted no time in pulling out of the parking lot and making a dash for it.

The air around was pure quiet and awkward may I add. The jeep swirved pass trees and buildings while I focused more of my attention infront of me and it's when I noticed it. A baby blue smurf dolly hung on the rear mirror swaying from left to right as it continued its routing.

The last time I was seated in this same seat, it wasn't here. It looked so cute and tiny it reminded me of my very own Smurf dolly I used to own once.

Out of instincts, my hand found its way brushing the soft smurf. A warm comfortable feeling came over me as it helped me relax. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Tristan looking between me and the road as he continued driving.

"What are you doing"? He growled lowly. Shock came over me as I realize what I was doing. I brought my hands back to my lap as I tried to ignore his cold glare that was thrown my way aggressively, instead I asked. "Where'd you get that "? My voice trembled.

I waited for his answer nervously but he didn't dare utter a word, his grip on the steer wheel tightened and I could clearly see the veins in his hand. "Why do you wanna know"? He countered back with frustration. Why is he angry all of a sudden. I thought.

He seemed different compared to the last time he helped us out at the airport.  He just brushed me off completely but now, he seems so hostile towards me.

"Just curious", I stated. "We're here", he cut me off as we pulled up infront of a breath taking mansion. It was very much similar to my home. "Are you gonna stay in here all day or get out".  He glared as he got out of the jeep. "No", I mumbled. He was really starting to test my patients.

I followed five feet behind him, I didn't wanna be that close to him incase I get his short tempered virus which I'm badly afraid off. As anticipated everything about the setting was similar to mine back home. The only difference was that it it was plain of comfort.

Moments later I was seated in the living room waiting for Tristan to return. He had to go to the kitchen to get some snacks. Though that doesn't count for his rude behaviour.

He sat the snacks down and sat on the opposite sofa from me, clearly he made sure that there was a big distance between us. Retrieving the portfolio and a notebook from my bookbag, I took a pen out also.

"So.... What is your name"? I looked up from the paper. "Tristan", he said smoothly.  I raised both eyebrows and he sigh. "Tristan Andersons", he gave me a pointed look. "Angeline Ambrose", I countered back as I wrote his name down. "When were you born"? I rolled my eyes at the questions. Seriously these are middle school questions. 

"January 1st, 1999". "February 16th, 1999".

We continued asking questions back and forth for about an hour when we decided to take a break. It wasn't long before we had to complete the other quarter of questions.

"What do you fear the most in life"? I was shocked when Tristan asked the question. I raised both eyebrows and he gave me a blank look, I just realized he read from the paper.