Chapter 27

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

I was relieved when I got discharge this morning. However, I wasn't really thrilled because we were still currently in the hospital. Luke was a mess and sat like a dead statue on his wheelchair.

"Hey Rose, are all your parents aware of what's being going on". I asked twisting in my seat to face her. Her eyes were glassy red as she looked at me sadly.

"My parents are dead Angie. Sorry if I haven't told you sooner". She had a small smile.

My heart ached for her hearing that she lost both parents. "I'm sorry". I took her hand in mine rubbing soothing circles.

"Who do you leave with then?" I question. She chuckled lowly as she sigh. "I live with Adrian and his family. His parents are my guardian parents but they're nice and I love them like my very own". She smiles sadly.

"Them with Luke and Tristan's family are aware of what's going on. Steve rang them up awhile ago". She says.

Nodding, I look back to see dad asleep with Sky next to him. She was afraid so dad told her to sleep next to him on the hospital bed.

Though, my back hurts like hell from sleeping on the sofa. I got a stiff back when I woke up this morning.  I could literally hear my backbones cracking when I stood up straight. Not a sight you'd wanna see.

I swear if Reese was here...

My thoughts stopped as I remembered he wasn't here with us so as Annie. My insides closed in on me as a sharp pain ran through my heart. I can't afford to lose the both of them. I just can't.

"I'll be right back". I mutter as I stood up. Rose nodded as I head straight for the door and out of the room. The boys are down at the cafeteria getting food for us.

The guards blocked my way from going out. "I'm not going anywhere.  I just need a breather out here please ". I begged slowly.  They seemed to be assessing me before moving aside.

Thanking them, I move out and stepped into the hallway. Luckily it wasn't busy. Three or four nurses in the hallway with three guards standing right outside dad's room.

Running my fingers through my locks of black hair, under my lashes, I could see two of the nurses looking at me with a...weird look.

Ignoring them, I let my thought wonder far. A shiver ran down my spine as the hairs on my skin stood straight up whilst I hugged my hands to my chest. The place is so quiet. It's too quiet for my own liking.

I glance around me, but nothing seems too out of place. Everything looks normal. Down the hallway, I recognise   both nurses who gave me weird looks in a heated conversation. Letting out a sigh, more voices could be heard as I turn away from the nurses and look to my right. There walking out of the elevator  were the boys and two guards with them.

"Hey you okay, got breakfast ". Andrew says as he stops infront of the door lifting the paper bags up.

"I'm okay, I'll be in shortly ". I say. He scrutinized his eyes at me before sighing. "Okay but don't be out too long". He says finally before going in with Adrian pushing Luke inside.