Chapter 8...

CHAPTER EIGHT

Two days. For two whole days I did everything I could to avoid Tristan. I never once dared to make eye contact with him nor be in the path he was heading towards. It was so obvious he tried to talk at least, but I walked away. I know the idea is stupid but I just couldn't risk it.

Not alot of people knew I had suffered from amnesia and I tern to keep it that way till I graduate this year. Hopefully.

Like every lunch time this past week, I sat opposite Rose and Annie. As usual, they both never once stopped bickering amongst themselves. I kept my mouth shut thinking over the project I and Tristan hadn't complete yet due to me ignoring him.

I needed to get over myself and face him. So what, he witnessed the panic attack because I couldn't simply answer that question.  I could have just came up with a lie and said something.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt something wet and sticky splashed on me as it cascaded down my hair and stick to my body like a glue. Immediately I stood up in shock. The
whole cafeteria had gone quiet and every pair of eyes were focused in on me.

Turning to face the culprit, it was that same barbie and her friend from Tuesday morning.  Groaning in frustration, I wipped my eyes clear. "Oops, my bad. I'm so sorry. Do you want me to get some tissues for you". Her annoying squeaky  voice bounced off the walls in here deafening my ears.

"Is this you plan on drenching me with that juice box of yours. Well done, you've accomplished that, now move out of my way". I smiled warmly at her fake ass in front of me.

"Yes but my dearest, you do smell like a dead corpse.  Mind you go and please clean yourself up". Her eyes glittered with fake apology as she placed her hand on her skinny hips that looked like a skeleton. The whole cafeteria erupted with laughter as my patients here were starting to run low.

"Honey, the only thing that's smelling here is the awful words slipping through that garbage of a mouth you have on your fake face". I snickered as I took closer steps towards her. This time the cafeteria had gone all the way as they laughed their heads off while clutching their stomachs.

Pride took over me, I knew I was the one winning here. To be clear a bit, I've got a little ego I tern to keep up and not let it get thrown under the bus.

"So what, are you just gonna stand there and keep looking at me".  I pushed further trying to intimidate her.

Seconds later I was shoved out of her face by a muscular grip. I took my stance and gazed to see who the dumb head was.

He was tall and damn attractive. The way his blond hair fell in pefect waves down his forehead and those deep shade of blue eyes pulling me in for a quick second. He was dressed in plain skinny jeans, a blue tee and the famous varsity jumper on. So he is part of the soccer team here in Golden Gates.

But just so you know, he was no way near as attractive as Tristan.  Why the hell am I comparing him to Tristan.

"Watch it newbie". He glared, he looked back at barbie before slinging a protective arm around her waist.

Pathetic . I thought.

"Oh so your here to threaten me like what your girlfriend did not so long ago". I laughed. "Leave them be Angeline, come one let's just leave". Rose whispered as she tugged on my arm to pull me away.