Stuck

I woke up to a loud beeping noise, must've forgotten to turn off my alarm. I yawned and stretched not bothering to open my eyes as I attempted to get my phone to shut up. It was a lot easier to do since I didn't bother to change out of my clothes or empty my pockets the night before. I hit the power button but the beeping didn't stop, so I pushed it again, still nothing. I started to get frustrated and began mashing the power button until I finally opened my eyes to see that it wasn't my phone that was beeping. I looked around to find the source of the noise for a minute before it finally clicked, I wasn't in my bed, I wasn't even in my room! I blinked a few times to try and orientate my self when I started to feel a little claustrophobic. I was in some kind of metal pod. The inside of the pod had all kinds of buttons and a single small window right in front of my face.

"What the hell?" I asked myself, trying not to panic. "Ok, calm down (Y/n), with all of these buttons there should be a release." I looked around the cramped pod, eventually finding a large blue button that was at least three times as big as the others. "There we go." I pushed the button and held my breath in fear of accidentally hitting the self destruct. The beeping stopped only to be replaced by a sudden hissing sound. The front of the pod slowly opened to reviel a cliffside beach.

Stepping out of the pod, I took a deep breath in through my nose. The ocean, I've never been to the ocean, but I knew that's what I was smelling. Looking around, I started to hear things, humming? Maybe I could get some help.

"Hey, hey over here! Little help?" I called. The humming stopped and was replaced by footsteps, they sounded close. I waited a while longer as the footsteps got closer, and finally, I saw someone look out over the cliff. It was a girl, a preaty cute girl actually, something was off about her though, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"What're ya doin' down there guy?" She called down to me.

"Honestly, I have no idea!" I called back.

"Hang tight, I'm gonna call some friends and we'll help you out!"

"'preciate it, thanks!"

The girl disappeared behind the cliff and I heard her talking but I couldn't make out what she was saying. After a bit, the girl leaned back over the edge and called out to me, "Alright, my friends are on their way! It shouldn't take them too long to get here!"

"No worries! So what's your name?"

"I'm (A/9). What about you?"

"(Y/n), nice to meet you (A/9). Hey weird question but, where am I?"

"Starfish cliffs... wait, you're lost?"

"I remember lying in my bed then waking up in that pod over there." I pointed to the machine I woke up in, wondering just what the hell was going on when (A/9) suddenly had a realization.

"Holly carp, that's the same pod that Judd was found in!" Judd. Why does that name sound familiar? And what's with the fish pun? "Oh hey, my friends are here! Man, wait'll they see this."

"Hey there agent 9." I heard an old man say.

"Captain, you shouldn't call us by our numbers outside of the base." Said a boy. He sounded close to my age.

"Loosen up a little babe," a girl said in a flirtatious tone, "You call me by my number."

"That's because you can't remember your real name 8." The boy said.

"Your girlfriend's right 3, no one's gonna know what they mean." Another boy taunted.

"Common guys, Zack's right." Another girl said callously. "If someone finds out who we are it could make them a target."

"Calm down 7, 4's right. Nobody's gonna know what your numbers mean." The old man replied.

"Hey, I'm still down here!" I called up to the group. I feel like I should know the significance of those numbers, but I can't think of it.

The old man looked over the cliff and waved to me, "Sorry about that sonny, we'll git ya out of this pickle right quick. 3 my boy, think you can lend us your jumping abilities?"

"Aye Captain." Said Zack, or 3, or whatever his name is. I don't know how jumping's gonna help me though, if I could've jumped out of here I would've done it already.

As Zack approach the edge of the cliff, 4 spoke up. "AyE cAptAIn, I'm agent 3. Im a perfect little soldier boy, duhuhu."
"Shut it Mason." Zack called back annoyed, as if this was a regular exchange.

"Leave him alone 4," the girl called 8 said, "I think it's sexy."

"8!" Zack yelled embarrassed, turning around at nearly the speed of light. Even from all the way down here I could tell he was as red as a tomato.
The rest of the group laughed hysterically while Zack hid his face in his hands. Normally I would've laughed too, but I'm still currently at the bottom of a cliff.

"Yo!" I yelled a little pissed off that I was still down here. "I'd like like to get off the beach now!"

"Oh right," the old man gasped, remembering that I existed, "No more dilly dallying! Agent 3, get him up here."

"Aye Captain," Zack sighed as he jumped from the ledge.

As soon as he jumped, I started to panic, " Hey, wait a minute! What're you doing?"

Zack landed next to me compleatly unharmed. "What?" He asked calmly.

"What do you mean 'what'? That's gotta be at least a hundred feet, how are your legs not broken?"

"What do you mean 'broken'? You know we don't have bones." Zack asked confused.

"What do you mean 'no bo-" I cut myself short after getting a look at his face. It looked like he was wearing a mask, but it didn't look like fabric, more like it was painted on. Black circles around his eyes connected by a line going across the bridge of his nose. Then I got a look at his hair, or where his hair should've been. He had two blue tenticals pulled back into a ponytail. Wait; Judd, fish puns, no bones, agent numbers, Captain, painted on masks, and tenticals for hair? That sounds just like, but it couldn't be... could it?
"Okay, weird question but, are you an inkling?"

"Uh, yeah?" Zack responded confused by the question, "Aren't we both?"his eyes went wide, "Wait, you're not are you? What the hell are you?"

1125 words. Told you this chapter would be longer. Wonder how everyone will react to a human. Honestly I don't know either, I'm just making this up as I go. And before I go on, yes i filled in agent 7 and added agent 9, yes I ship female 8 and male 3, no I didn't forget the other four members they just weren't with the rest of them, no i don't know how long this book is going to be, no I don't have anything better to do, and yes I am gonna keep going right now!